Part I Listening Comprehension(20 minutes)
1. C) See a doctor.
2. B) The woman prefers to take the 2:30 train.
3. D) She’ll consult Dr.Garcia about entering graduate school.
4. D) Alice didn’t seem to be nervous during her speech..
5. A) There are more extremes in the weather.
6. C) At a bookstore.
7. D) The man can stay in her brother’s apartment.
8. B) It’s more effective to combine listening with reading.
9. C) It will most likely prove ineffective.
10. A) Apply for a job in the electronic company.
11. A) It reduces the chance of death for heart surgery patients.
12. D) It keeps blood vessels from being blocked.
13. B) It is harmful to heart surgery patients with stomach bleeding.
14. C) They are very likely to succeed in life.
15. B) They get less attention from their parents.
16. A)They usually don’t follow family rules.
17. D)They were puzzled by his decision.
18. C) It is much cheaper than space travel.
19. A) They can both be quite challenging.
20. C) To explain why he took up underwater exploration.www.59wj.com
21. C)put up with
22. B)stay away from
23. B)doing challenging work may be good for one’s health
24. A) the outcome was beyond their control
25. D)short bursts of stress hormones enhance memory function
26. A)People the world over enjoy eating their company’s potato chips
27. B)It needs to turn to the word market for development.
28. D)consumers worldwide today are attracted by global brands
29. D)To promote the company's strategy of globalization.
30. A)will be in the interest of the local people
31. B) the child may feel that he owes her an apology
32. D)I’m aware you’re upset ,but I’m not to blame
33. B)it is vague and ineffective
34. A)their ages should be taken into account
35. C) not as simple as it seems
36. C)A huge financial problem has arisen.
37. B) They pooled their efforts to help solve it.
39. B)To see if there was a deliberate cover-up of the problem.
40. A)keep people properly informed of the crisiswww.59wj.com
41. A) dim
42. B) locate
44. D)turn down
45. B) keen
46. A) may
47. B) anniversary
48. D)get over
51. A) witnesses
53. B)see to
54. A) loan
55. B)not to speak of
56. A) decorated
57. C)at intervals
58. C) involve
59. A) deposit
60. D)concerned about
64. D)take on
67. B) source
68. A) In view of
71. C) called
72. A) accident
74. D) confronted
75. A) to
76. B) when
81. B) But
83. C) include
84. B) stressful
85. A) who
87. B) used to
90. B) leastwww.59wj.com
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled Should the University Campus Be Open to Tourists? You should write at Least 120 words following the outline given below :
Should the University Campus Be Open to tourism?
Nowadays, many famous university campuses have become one of the popular tourist attraction. It has been shown on TV and on the radio that every year thousands and thousands of middle school students visit Tsing Hua University and Peking University and other famous universities in China. In the place far away from the capital city, the local students also visit the universities famous in their own province.
So far as the present situation is concerned, is it a good or bad thing to open the university campus for tourists? Different people have different opinions. On one hand, some people argued that it is a good thing for the students to visit the famous university campus in that it can enable the middle students to get more information about the university and they can have enough time and opportunity to prepare themselves with the chance to get into the university. On the other hand, some people hold a negative view about this phenomenon. In their opinion, the
public tourism will have negative effect on the universities because it will not only do harm to the environment but also to the intellectual atmosphere.
In my opinion, the tourism to the universities is not a good thing. The campus is mainly a place for study . With the increasing tourism on the campus, it will ruin the spiritual atmosphere in this learning field.www.59wj.com 如果觉得《2005年12月24英语四级考试B卷(标准答案)》真题,yyslj不错，可以推荐给好友哦。