8. unwelcome emails
9. names and contact information
10. economic gains
11. B) It might appeal more to viewers over 40.
12. A) The man admires the woman’s talent in writing.
13. C) The woman saved the man some trouble.
14. B) He quit teaching in June.
15. A) She read only part of the book.
16. D) She had to be away from school to attend to her husband.
17. C) The Smiths’ new house is not far from their old one
18. B) The man had a hard time finding a parking space.
19. A) The hotel clerk couldn’t find his reservation for that night.
20. D) There was a conference going on in the city.
21. A) It was free of charge on weekends.
22. D) Complain to the hotel manager.
23. C) Assistant Director of the Admissions Office.
24. D) Nearly fifty percent are foreigners.
25. B) She will be more involved in policy-making.
26. A) Her parents immigrated to America.
27. D) He was crippled in a car accident.
28. C) She was highly devoted to her family.
29. A) He was seriously injured.
31. A) Two and a half months.
32. D) They declined to give details of his condition.
33. B) For people to share ideas and show farm products.
34. C) By bringing a bag of grain in exchange for a ticket.
35. C) They remind Americans of the importance of agriculture.
44. at their worst, they may threaten to take their children out of college or cut off funds.
45. think it only right and natural that their children do with their lives
46. who are now young adults must be the ones responsible for what they do and what they are
57. D) She is fed up with the issue of gender discrimination.
58. B) the very fact that she is a woman.
59. B) People’s stereotyped attitude towards female scientists.
60. C) More female students are pursuing science than before.
61. D) Women can balance a career in science and having a family.
62. A) one cannot use them at the same time.
63. C) attempting to edit as they write.
64. A) To get one’s ideas down.
65. A) it does not help them to think clearly.
66. D) It refines his writing into better shape.
67. C) injured
68. C) Almost
69. B) across
70. A) personnel
71. D) in
72. A) arrival
73. B) provided
74. C) never
75. A) mixed
76. D) as
77. C) under
78. D) facilities
79. B) dreaming
80. A) farming
81. B) nothing
82. C) lines
83. A) estimate
84. D) away
85. C) recovery
86. B) from
87. Take people’s sleeping quality into consideration
88. the field in which we can cooperate
89. decided to give up the competition
90. contact us at the following address