1. D) a powerful force for global integration
2. C) at an annual rate of 3.9 percent
3. B) 20%
4. D) They give them chances for international study or internship
5. A) Yale's collaboration with Fudan University on genetic research
6. C) It was intentionally created by Stanford University.
7. B) It has been unsteady for years.
8. changes in the visa process
9. take their knowledge and skills back home
10. strengthen the nation
11. C) She was somewhat overweight
12. D) At a hotel reception
13. B) Having confidence in her son
14. A) Have a short break
15. D) He has been in perfect condition
16. B) She still keeps some old furniture in her new house
17. D) The woman forgot lending the book to the man
18. C) The man doesn't look like a sportsman
19. A）She has packed it in one of her bags.
20. C) It will last one week.
21. B) The taxi is waiting for them.
22. A) At home.
23. C) She is tired of her present work.
24. A) Translator.
25. D) Education and experience.
26. A) They care a lot about children.
27. B) Their birth information is usually kept secret.
28. C) They have mixed feelings about finding their natural parents.
29. D) Adoption has much to do with love.
30. B) He bought The Washington Post.
31. A) She was the first woman to lead a big U.S publishing company.
32. D) Katharine had exerted an important influence on the world.
33. C) It'll protect them from possible financial crises.
34. A) They can't immediately get back the money paid for their medical cost.
35. B) They needn't pay the entire medical bill at once.
44. The percentage of people living in cities is much higher than the percentage working in industry.
45. There is not enough money to build adequate houses for the people that live there, let alone the new arrivals.
46. So the figures for the growth of towns and cities represent proportional growth of unemployment and underemployment
阅读 Section B
57. A) All its courses are offered online.
58. C) a minimum or total absence of face-to-face instruction.
59. D) work on the required courses whenever and wherever.
60. C) There is no mechanism to ensure that they make the required effort.
61. B) cutting down on their expenses.
62. D) A lot of distractions compete for children's time nowadays.
63. B) Her way to success was full of pains and frustrations.
64. C) She wanted to share her stories with readers.
65. A) she believed she had the knowledge and experience to offer guidance
66. B) Children should be allowed freedom to grow through experience.
67) A as
68) C to
69) D distinguished
70) A related
71) C In
72) B much
73) D behavior
74) B but
75) C negative
76) A given
77) D consistent
78) A consumers
79) D favorable
80) C Moreover
81) B enhancing
82) A readily
83) D volume
84) B amount
85) D intentions
86) A turn
87. Thanks to a series of new inventions
88. I am more inclined to get tired than before
89. no matter what kind of sacrifice I will make
90. the former is more convenient and time-saving / it is more....
91. is measured by how much they can borrow