61. Admittedly , ensuring sustainable development will require a certain level of sacrifice and arduous efforts on the part of all people . Nonetheless , the accrued returns will both strengthen the nation and ensure a better life for all Chinese citizens .
62. The rapid emergence of homes for senior citizens represents a sharp divergence from the traditional Chinese practice of maintaining the nuclear family at all costs .
63. Participating in interactive experiences beneficial to all is something that no one should miss . The valuable lessons learned therefrom should not be arbitrarily dismissed , but should instead be treasured .
64. Abortion advocates may be correct in their assertion that the practice is a necessary tool of population control , but they seem to neglect the preciousness of human life in its earliest stages .
65. Some people assert that nothing is impossible . Such people should get a grip on reality and understand it's impossible to create another Universe . In more down-to-earth terms , it's impossible to know with any certainty whether you will live or die tomorrow .
66. Two major factors contributed to devastating summer flooding along the Yangtze River and its tributaries . First , erosion resulting from excessive deforestation in the upper reaches of the river and , second ,heavy silting which raised the riverbed in the main channel .
67. Greed and a total lack of social consciousness have been cited as major reasons for the dramatic rise corruption .
68. There are several reasons for the marked increase in China's crime rate—the dramatic influx of itinerant workers in urban areas ; declining social values ; and widening disparities between the haves and have-nots .
69. Why are an increasing number of elderly Chinese parents living apart from their children ? One reason is the increasing upward mobility of the younger generation . Another is expanding social opportunities for the elderly . Perhaps the main reason , however , centers on dramatic changes in traditional concepts .
70. What has sparked the increasing interest in exercise ? For one thing , people have gained a greater awareness of the need for physical fitness . For another , the constantly improving standard of living enables Chinese people to patronize the increasing number of recreational venues . The main thing perhaps centers on the healthcare and psychological benefits exercise provides .
71. Identifying the reasons for an emerging phenomenon which involves several complicated factors is far from an easy task . For example , some scientists attribute environmental deterioration to a series of natural factors , while others place the blame solely on inappropriate human behavior .
72. One doesn't have to look far to realize the direct correlation between smoking and cancer .
73. The explanation for the phenomenon of the rising teenage suicide rate involves many complicated factors . Some attribute the rise to an overemphasis on early success , others point to mounting peer pressure , and still others to confusion over changing social values .
74. The reasons for antisocial behavior are both complicated and varied . I suggest the phenomenon results from inappropriate role models and the lack of well-defined norms of behavior . However , the main reason is quite likely the continuing degeneration of social values .
75. The causes of racial hatred are not readily definable . Sociologists , however , attribute them to the misguided concept of a superior race and an innate mistrust of people of color . Perhaps the main cause is quite simply ignorance .
76. The scourge of HIV/AIDS currently engulfing the world will quite likely be brought under control within the next few years thanks to the untiring efforts of scientists and researchers worldwide .
77. The incidence rate of cancer mainly stems from several factors , including inappropriate diets , poor healthcare practices and the lack of early detection . Continuing medical advances and rising awareness do , however , offer promising hope for the future .
78. Increased urban pollution levels and the mounting death toll from motor vehicles accidents can mainly be attributed to the glut of automobiles appearing on city roads in recent years . Detrimental factors will quite likely outweigh the benefits of rising automobile usage .
79. The rising divorce rate in China can , at least in part , be attributed to spousal incompatibility , disparities in education levels , changing social attitudes and the increasing upward mobility of the younger generation .
80. State-owned enterprises are not only failing because of inefficient management , but also because of their inability to awitch operational modes from the former planned economy to the new market economy .