81. Although we do not know the long-term consequences of separation or deprivation , we do know that they can produce acute immediate distress .
82. One can raedily trace the disappearance of dinosaurs to a major cataclysmic event .
83. The raesons for poverty are many , but for the most part center on illiteracy , the lack of opportunities and in some cases pure laziness .
84. Child development depends on a number of factors , both physical and psychological . Correct parental nurturing from infancy through adolescence determines both the physical and mental profile of a mature individual .
85. Factors such as self-condidence and ambition , combined with determination and willpower , contribute to eventual success or failure .
86. Various factors will weigh heavily on China's eventual entry into the World Trade Organization ( WTO ) . One centers on the total abandonment of protectionism , and the other on the adoption of generally accepted international accounting norms .
87. One of the most common failures of people today is to avoid telling the truth . People must realize that avoidance and lying have never in the past and , in fact , never will right a wrong .
88. Central planning has , at least in part , been blamed for the current demise of state-owned enterprises . Perhaps , however , the greatest blame should be placed on factors such as grossly inefficient management ; the rampant practice of " guanxi " , cronyism and nepotism ; excessively large work forces ; abuses of social benefits ; and without a doubt corruption .
89. A recent survey revealed large disparities in the income levels of male and female workers holding the same position . The determining factor should be qualifications , rather than gender , when determining both the salary and position of an individual .
90. Social finesse , willingness to relocate and language capacity are also determinant factora in assessing job qualifications .
91. The tumultuous Cultural Revolution was chiefly responsible for the searing desire for change in China .
92. Traditional beliefs do not in themselves explain the lingering prevalence of outdated concepts in China .
93. Some lay the blame for falling exports squarely on financial turmoil sweeping many Asian countries . The fact of the matter is , however , that proportionate blame should be assigned to the lackadaisical approach to developing new markets , failure to improve product quality and government inaction in the realm of support .
94. We often ignore the real problem and instead search for a needle in a haystack . Solving problems of any kind requires one to adopt a direct approach which addresses all relevant issues .
95. Claiming a lack of opportunities is nothing more than a superficial excuse for justifying failure . The fundamental reason for failure is most often the lack of drive on the part of the individual involved .
96. We can , and quite often do , blame our contemporaries for personal failures , but the fact of the matter is that the root causes for most problems go much deeper .
97. The rapidly emerging sexual revolution has been accompanied by many disturbing trends . Perhaps the most serious consequences center on the rapid spread of sexually transmitted diseases ( STDs ) , rising prostitution and the rise in AIDS cases .
98. The deep impact of opening to the outside world is readily discernible in a number of areas : the adoption of many Western habits , both good and bad ; changing social and moral values ; the trend towards individualism ; and the introduction of state-of-the-art concepts and technology . The key to adopting Western way centers on accepting the good and rejecting the bad .
99. The arrival of the so-called " Information Age " will undoubtedly have a profound influence on our lives . The task at hand center on using the technology for beneficial purposes , while at the same time preventing intrusions of privacy and use of the electronic highway for deceitful purposes .
100. No one can doubt that the reform and opening policies introduced in 1979 have had a profound impact on the lives of Chinese citizens . Changes resulting therefrom have not only impacted the economic system , but the social system as well .