1. My suggestion to deal with/solve/relieve the problem are as follows. In the first place,…. Secondly,…. Finally,… [常见句型]
2. If we let the situation go as it is, …. By that time, …. 如果让这种情况继续发展下去，那么……。
3. More and more people are realizing the importance of…[进行时态， more and more比many好]
4. Great efforts/More measures/Due attention must be taken/paid to do …[ 被动语态，due attention 和be paid to 搭配]
5. If……, will there be anything that can make me even happier? 如果(我们怎么怎么做)，那将没有比这令我更高兴的了。[条件句，反问句]
6. It is important/necessary/urgent/desirable(希望)/advisable(明智) for sb. to do sth. [It is …for …to do…句型]
7. enhance the awareness of people that…
8. The first nut for us to crack is… 我们首先要解决的是……。 [比The first thing we should do is … 句型 高级的多，精彩的多，生动的多]
9. ……as soon as possible [常见句型]
10. sth. be of the utmost importance [ be of n. 结构， 比sth. be much important好]
1. (Just) as …, so… 正如… [ 比较句型 ]
eg. Just as water is the most important of liquids, so air is the most important of gases.
2. in much the same way/manner that… 正如…, 和…一样
eg. The Americans spend Christmas Day in much the same way that the Europeans do.
1. now that …… 既然…… [让步从句]
eg. Now that the decision has been made, we must try our best to carry it out.
2. unless…not… [ 让步从句]
eg. It is a vicious cycle and unless you consider these social, economic and environmental problems in one context, you are not serious about meeting the challenges. [注意例句中的consider sth. in one context句型:把什么事情放在一起加以综合考虑]
1. only [既是强调句,又是倒装句]
eg. Only in this way can you hope to improve the present situation.
2. It is …that…
eg. It is because he was too careless that he failed in the exam.
3. nothing but 只不过;只有…
eg. If what we have been striving for is nothing but pleasure-seeking, our nation will be deprived of the right to rise.(这里nothing but 可以去掉,不影响句意,但有了nothing but,就强调了后面的名词)
1. Supposing……, it is likely that…. 假设…, 那么很可能… [假设, 虚拟语态]
eg. Supposing you wanted to buy a washing machine, it is more than likely you would obtain details regarding performance, price, etc. from an advertisement.
1. What else can …? …………还能做什么呢?
eg. What else can the poor parents do but obey? 这些可怜的家长除了听从外还能做什么呢?
2. How could ……? 怎能….
eg. How could I put the English books aside to read pastime books?
1. A is to B what X is to Y. A对于B 就象X对于Y
eg. Food is to man what oil is to machines.
2. ……more…, less…
eg. The closer to Christmas, the crazier they get; they become more agitated, less patient.
not uncommon = common 平常的,普通的
not unusual = usual 平常的，通常的
not inevitable=evitable 可以避免的
2. by no means 并没有;当然不
3. no longer/more 不再
eg. I am no longer that ignorant girl.
1. all the more 更加
eg. That makes London all the more fascinating, doesn't it?
eg. It is all the more surprising therefore that…
2. more than 做副词, 意为 "多过…", "比…以上", "比…更"
eg. I am more than happy to hear from you.
3. more than you can… 远超过你…
eg. The situation is very abominable more than you can stand.环境非常恶劣,你无法忍受.
1. A have much(nothing) to do with B
2. A be closely related to B
3.A be directly bound up with B
4. a definite link between …and…
1. more than…can 简直不,无法,难以…
eg. The beauty of the city is more than I can describe.
2. beyond description 无法描述
eg. The beauty of the city is beyond description.
3. There is no point(use) in doing… …是没有任何意义的.
4. The first nut for us to crack is … 我们首先要解决的问题是…
5. short-sighted policy 眼光短浅的政策
6. while ……with one hand, ……with the other. 当(我们)一方面…., 而另一方面…
eg. While money is eagerly collected in vast sums with one hand, it is paid out in increasingly vaster sums with the other.
7. far from 远离,远远不,非但不
eg. Far from taking exception(take exception:反对), no one is even mildly surprised.
8. be bound to
eg. Any discussion of this topic is bound to question the aims of education.
9. (or) vice-versa 反之亦然
10. sth. be measured in terms of … sth.用…来衡量
eg. "success" is measured in terms of freedom from insecurity.
11…. (现象)…, upon which views vary from person to person.
12.A be more essential to B. 对B来说, A是尤为关键重要的.
13.Distinguished scientific accomplishment is a matter of opportunity and of continuous and concentrated effort over long years. (很优美的句子,值得借鉴)
14. from the …point of view 从…角度来看
eg. From the health point of view 从健康的角度来看
15. ……must be rooted out in order to …. …必须根除以…
eg. Moral corruption must be rooted out in order to preserve the integrity of the state. 为了使国家健康发展,必须根除****.
16. …represent only the tip of the iceberg. …….只是冰山一角
eg. The most famous stars represent only the tip of the iceberg.
17. The rapid progress in science and technology has given a powerful shove-ahead to the productive forces of the world and the economic and social development of humanity. 科技的快速发展带给世界生产力和人类经济和社会的发展一个强劲的推动力(2001年****的七.一讲话).
18. ….stand tall and aim far, broaden one's vision and give full play to one's intelligence and wisdom on the broad arena of reform, opening-up and the modernization drive. 站的高看的远,开扩自己的视野,在改革开放和现代化建设的大舞台上充分发挥个人才智(2001年****的七.一讲话). (句中很多的词组都是作文中可以运用到的,比如改革开放:reform (and) opening-up等)
19….demonstrate the value of one's life and work hard to achieve feats that will live up to the expectations of the people and the times. 证实自己的人生价值,努力的工作取得成就,而不辜负人民和时代的期望. (出处同上)
20.When asked about…, the overwhelming majority of people say that ….But other people think of … as…. / But I think quite differently. (对报刊上某一问题(已有不同的人发表了不同的观点)发表自己的观点)
21.It is generally believed/accepted/held that… 通常认为….
22 It is no denying the fact that…. 无可否认…
23……… , so…that…
eg. The river is very clear, so clear that you can see the fishes coming and going in it.
eg. Everything is covered with a thick layer of dust, so poisonous that all the grass, trees, vegetables and flowers gradually die.
1. Just as the popular saying goes, "Every coin has two sides". From one side,…. from the other side,…. 正如一个谚语所说的, "每个硬币都有两面(事物都是一分为二的)".从一方面看……… 从另一方面来看………
1. They are taken prisoners by fame and their achievements turn into a bar to further advance.
2. True and deep love of life is the spring from which flow courage, confidence and power.
1. admittedly 应当承认:
Admittedly, a few governments have taken timid measures.
2. simply 简而言之:
The answer is simply money.
3. discreetly 小心谨慎地:
point out discreetly that…
4. conceivably 可以想象地:
Smoking may, conceivably, be harmful.
5. surely 肯定地:
This is surely the most short-sighted policy you could imagine.
6. eagerly 渴望地
7. increasingly 不断增长地
While money is eagerly collected in vast sums with one hand, it is paid out in increasingly vaster sums with the other.
8. honestly: 诚实地:
the government is honestly concerned about the welfare of its people政府真心实意地关心它的人民的福利
9. certainly: 当然地
As individuals we are certainly weak, but if …作为个人,我们当然是弱小的,但是如果….