Part I Listening Comprehension(20 minutes)
1. C) Dr. Holden is the best person for the chairmanship.
2. D) They’ll keep in touch during the summer vacation
3. C) Peaches are not at their best now.
4. B) They work on the assignment together.
5. D) She admires Jean’s straightforwardness
6. A) He liked writing when he was a child
7. B) He does not study hard enough
8. D) It will be very difficult for them to find John
9. B) Its rapid growth is beneficial to the world
10. C) Most students can’t afford to live in the new apartments
11. A) The need for greater cultural diversity in the school curriculum
12. A) He believed the speaker was a foreigner
13. D) The US population doesn’t consist of white European descendants only
14. C) By making laws
15. B) It should be raised quickly by hand
16. C) It should be carried high up in the air
17. A) There are precise regulations and customs to be followedwww.59wj.com
18. B) Truancy
19. D) Students with good attendance records
20. D) Rewarding schools that have decreased the destruction
Part II Reading Comprehension (35 minutes)
21. C) People can fully enjoy individual freedom.
22. D) the more diligent one is, the bigger his returns
23. B) became wealthy after starting life very poor
24. A) Americans wish to succeed in every aspect of life
25. D) What Americans strive after often contradicts their beliefs.
26. C) the globalization of economy
27. B) Information technology has removed the restrictions of time and space in business transactions
28. A) it should not overlook the importance of information, services, support, and distribution
29. B) can eliminate an entire business segment
30. D) businesses have to meet individual customers’ specific needs in order to succeed
31．A) To discourage people from insisting on having grandchildren.
32. B) draw attention to the troubles and difficulties grandchildren may cause
33. D) they find it hard to resist the carrot-and-stick approach of their parents
34. D) her parents kept pressuring her to have a child
35. C) It is troublesome but rewarding.www.59wj.com
36. D) The reduction of public expenditure.
37. B) obtain funding from the government
38. C) They think they work in an environment hostile to the free pursuit of knowledge.
39. D) they could be influenced by their association with the project concerned
40. C) People would not believe scientists even when they tell the truth.
Part III Vocabulary (20 minutes)
41. A) defy
42. D) decent
43. B) scrutiny
44. A) impose
45. C) obscure
46. B) hinged upon
47. B) abnormal
48. B) deafened
49. D) flushed
50. C) out of stock
51. D) absurd
52. A) cherish
53. C) stimulus
54. B) by analogy with
55. B) deficit
56. A) recession
57. B) exclusive
58. A) entitled
59. B) luminous
60. D) erase
61. B) suppress
62. B) by means of
63. A) abolished
64. A) comply
65. D) finite
66. B) irritated
67. B) blank
68. D) rectify
69. A) ascribed
70. B) tuckedwww.59wj.com
Part IV Error Correction (15 minutes)
S1. in first 改 in the first
S3. acceptance 改unacceptance
S4.avoid end 改 ending
S5.stand out 改 upon
S6.pick up改 pick out
S8.keep up改 keep
S9.taking 改 taken
S10.get find改 get found
Part V Writing (30minutes)
Direction For this part ,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to a company declining a job offer, You should write at least 150 words following the outline given below
A letter Declining a Job Offer
I am very grateful for you to give me another job in the company. Thinking about the good opportunity you offer to me each time, I am really moved. What words should I say? It seems that words on this special occasion fail to express me. All in all, I just want to say "many many thanks for all your kindness and consideration."
However , I can not accept the job you offer to me. I think, there are at least three personal reasons for this. First, I can not make full use of my major which I learned at college, though you pay much attention to me. Second, I have a habit to challenge myself . If a job or learning seems to lose the meaning of challenge, I will have to quit and find a challenging one for me. Third, I am not used to working in the same place for a long time. I want to have more working experiences and know a lot of different people. Therefore, I can not accept your offer .
Above all, I also want to express my deep appreciation of your understanding of my decision. I think there are other qualified personnel in our company who you should give a chance. If each potential employee in our company can have a chance to prove themselves for our company, I think, the company will become a more and more competitive company and will become more and more popular because of our smart strategy in employing qualified workers. I wish the bright future for our company.
Best wishes for you all !