Part 1 Writing
Recent decades have seen the rapid development of information technology, and thereby E-books have wound their way into our daily life. Because of the wide and quick popularity of E-books, there has been an increasing controversy over the question of whether E-books will replace traditional books or not.
Many people hold the idea that it will not take long for E-books to replace traditional books because E-books have quite a few advantages over traditional ones. First, E-books are more accessible to readers, because the readers just need to log onto the internet and read online. Second, thanks to the advanced technology, the cost of E-books is much lower, so it takes readers far less money to buy E-books. Last but not the least, reading E-books has developed into part of our daily life, which is particularly appealing to young users, who are the body part of the users of electronic products.
As far as I’m concerned, it is not likely for E-books to replace traditional books for lots of reasons. For example, long time of reading E-books will do more harm to our eyes, and readers will find themselves more accessible to printed materials because computers and the internet haven’t yet been popularized to every corner of our life.
E-books, or electronic books, have the same information and need the same reading experience as the traditional books, which you actually hold in your hands. E-books have so many benefits that they will replace traditional books.
E-books can be created on a shoestring budget while the authors of traditional books will have to overcome a tough sales target before they even consider making a profit on the book. E-books are quicker to create because they could be written and published in as little as a week while the time span between starting a traditional book and writing it could take around a year or two. E-books are easier to target a wide market because they may be sold on the Internet to anyone with a credit card and an Internet connection in any place in the world, while with a traditional book it may be difficult to expand to new markets, since it will involve further significant costs on distribution and marketing.
To conclude, E-books are a very valuable tool that could be used as a profit centre, as a publishing tool or as a marketing tool. They have many advantages over the traditional books. E-books will replace traditional books.
Part 2 Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. D) Scientists’ vision of the world in half a century.
2. B) may not come true
3. A) humans won’t have to donate organs for transplantation
4. C) live to 100 and more with vitality
5. C) alien life will likely be discovered
6. A ) might survive all catastrophes on earth
7. D) lost fingers and limbs will be able to regrow
8. artificial intelligence
Part 3 Listening Comprehension
11. D) The man is a fan of world-famous football players.
12. D) Solve his problem by doing a part-time job.
13. C) A real nuisance.
14. A) The errors will be corrected soon.
15. B) He has to type his paper once more.
16. A) They might have to change their plan.
17. D) They are not late for a loan application.
18. C) The quality of air will surely change for the better.
19. B) Numerous varieties of food.
20. B) A world of antiques.
21. D) It generates 70% of the electricity it uses.
22. B) 30,000
23. C) Thinking about doing a different job.
24. A) She has finally got a promotion and a pay raise.
25. B) He changed his mind about marriage unexpectedly.
26. D) They are getting more popular as a means of water recreation.
27. A) Water scooter operators lack of experience.
28. B) They produce too much noise.
29. D) Enforce necessary regulations.
30. D) They are changing.
31. B) Not many of them stay in the same place for long.
32. C) Keep a friendly distance.
33. D) It may lead to a lack of properly educated workers.
34. B) It affects both junior and senior high schools.
35. C) Rewarding excellent academic performance.
44. The alternative to capital punishment is longer sentences. But they would certainly cost the tax payers much money.
45. that does not mean that person isn't guilty of the crime, or that he shouldn't pay society the debt he owes.
46. a large part of it in prison for acts that he committed while not in full control of his mind.
Part 4 Reading in Depth
47. causing a reaction
48. an emotional debate
49. The approval of every victim’s family
50. exploiting a national tragedy
51. raise awareness
52. B) Their currency has slumped.
53. C) They have to spend more money when buying imported goods.
54. D) They think of it as a good tourist destination.
55. C) They vacation at home rather than abroad.
56. A) The dollar’s value will not increase in the short term.
57. D) They care more about which college their children go to than the children themselves.
58. A) They want to increase their children’s chances of entering a prestigious college.
59. C) Kid’s actual abilities are more important than their college backgrounds.
60. B) Degrees of prestigious universities do not guarantee entry to graduate programs.
61. C) they experience more job dissatisfaction after graduation
Part 5 Cloze
62. A) soar
63. D) route
64. A) Of
65. A) import
66. A) offering
67. C) announced
68. D) Consistently
69. A) quotas
70. C) barely
71. D) abolished
72. C) initiative
73. B) but
74. D) version
75. A) because
76. B) automatic
77. D) dismissed
78. C) about
79. C) professionals
80. A) prospect
81. B) clearly
Part 6 Translation
82. We can say a lot of things about those (毕生致力于诗歌的人): they are passionate, impulsive and unique.
83. Mary couldn’t have received my letter, . (否则她上周就该回信了).
84. Nancy is supposed to (做完化学实验) at least two weeks ago.
85. Never once (老两口相互争吵)since they were married 40 years ago.
86. (一个国家未来的繁荣在很大程度上有赖于) the quality of education.
.. www.59wj.com 如果觉得《08年6月六级A卷完整答案》真题,yyslj不错，可以推荐给好友哦。