Computer are now being pushed into school.We know that multimedia will make __1_ easy and fun.Children will happily learn from __2_ characters while taught by expertly __3_ software.Who needs teachers when you have got __4_ education?These expensive toys are difficult to use in the classroom and __5_ extensive teacher training.Sure,kids love video games---__6_ think of you own experience:can you __7_ even one educational filmstrip of many years ago?I'll __8_ you remember the two or three great teachers who made a __9_ in your life.
Then there is cyberbusiness.We are promised _10__ catalog shopping---just point and click for great deals.We'll order airline tickets _11__ the network,book restaurants and negotiate sales _12__.Stores will become obsolete.So how come my local mall does more __13_ in an afternoon than the entire Internet __14_ in an month?Even if there were a trustworthy way to __15_ money over the Internet,the network is __16_ a most essential ingredient of trade and commerce:salespeople.
What's absent from this electronic wonderland?People contact.Computers and networks __17_ us from one another.A network chat line is a limp __18_ for meeting friends over coffee.No interactive multimedia display comes __19_ to the excitement of a __20_ concert.This virtual reality where frustration is legion and where---in the holy names of Education and Progress---important aspects of human interactions are relentlessly devalued.
1) A schoolwork B exercise C teamwork D research
2) A stimulated B animated C developed D interested
3) A guided B prepared C tailored D sold
4) A computer-aided B computer-presented C computer-designed D computer-developed
5) A promise B introduce C encourage D require
6) A but B just C and D therefore
7) A appreciate B recall C comment D produce
8) A recommend B guess C bet D urge
9) A result B mark C impression D difference
10) A immediate B free C versatile D instant
11) A over B with C by D in
12) A decisions B agreements C contracts D plans
13) A communication B commerce C business D program
14) A reserves B handles C subscribes D transmits
15) A mail B deposit C send D save
16) A missing B disappearing C expelling D retaining
17) A dismantle B confine C discriminate D isolate
18) A occasion B substitute C change D compromise
19) A near B up C close D back
20) A life B alive C living D live
1--5 ABCAD 6--10 ABCDD 11--15 ACCBC 16--20 ADBBD