All the wisdom of the ages,all the stories that have delighted mankind for centuries, are easily and cheaply __1_ to all of us __2_ the covers of books--- but we must know how to avail ourselves __3_ this treasure and how to get __4_ from it. The most __5_ people all over the world,are _6__ who have never discovered how _7__ it is to read good books.
I am very interested in people,in meeting them and __8_ about them.Some of the most _9__ people I have met existed only in a writer's imagination,then __10_ the pages of his book,and then,again,in my imagination.I have found in books new friends,new societies ,new words.
If I am interested in people.others are interested not so much in who __11_ in how.Who in the books includes everybody from science-fiction superman two hundred centuries in the futureall the way back to the first __12_ in history;how __13_ everything from the ingenious explanations of Sherlock Folmes __14_ the discoveries of science and ways of teaching manners to children.
Reading can make our minds feel pleased,_15__ means that it is a little like a sport;your eagerness and knowledge and quickness __16_ you a good reader.Reading is __17_ ,not because the writer is telling you something ,__18_ becuase it makes your mind work.Your own imagination works together with the __19_ or even goes beyond his.Your experience,__20_ his,bring you to the same or different conclusions,and you ideas develop as you understand his.
1) A useful B new C readable D available
2) A in B at C within D with
3) A of B with C for D in
4) A the more B the most C the much D the less
5) A lucky B fortunate C unfortunate D misfortune
6) A these B that C this D those
7) A satisfied B dissatisfied C satisfying D dissatisfying
8) A to find out B finding out C to find D finding
9) A remarkable B notorious C hostile D rude
10) A on B in C off D with
11) A like B and C or D as
12) A number B point C part D figure
13) A recovers B discovers C uncovers D cover
14) A to B in C until D into
15) A that B which C what D as
16) A do B convert C impose D make
17) A fun B funny C uninteresting D exhausting
18) A and B for C since D but
19) A the author B the author's C the compiler D the compiler's
20) A comparing with B compared with C comparing to D compared to
1--5 CCABC 6--10 DCBAA 11--15 DDDAB 16--20 DADBB