getting people’s attention 引起别人注意，
1. can i talk to you ? 能和你谈一下吗?
2. can we talk? 能一块儿谈谈吗?
3. let’s talk. 我们谈谈吧。
4. excuse me. you got a minute? 对不起，能耽误你一分钟吗?
5. may i have a word with you? 能和你说句话吗?
6. if you don’t mind my asking, where did you come from? 你从哪儿来?要是你不介意我这么问的话。
7. it’s none of my business, but i think her dress is a bit too loud. 虽说不干我的事，可我觉得她的裙子有点太花哨了。
8. i don’t want to sound like a busybody, but didn’t you plan to go abroad? 我并不想瞎打听，可你原来不是打算出国吗?
Launching conversation with a piece of news. 讲述一条消息来打开话题，
1. Listen up. 听着。
2. Now hear this! 你听着!
3. Get a load of this. 你听听这个。(load:大量，许多)
4. Are you ready for this? 想听着。
5. Guess what? 你猜怎么的?
6. Guess what I just found out. 你猜我刚知道了什么?
7. You’ll never guess what I heard. 你永远也猜不到我听说了什么。
8. You won’t believe this. 你会觉得难以置信。
9. You won’t believe what Tome just told me. 汤姆刚才告诉我的事会吓你
10. Did you hear the news? 你听说那条新闻了吗?
11. Have you heard the latest? 你听说那条最新消息了吗?，
talking about weather. 谈论天气，
1. nice whether we are having. 天气真好。
2. nice day, isn’t it? 天儿真不错，你说呢?
3. freezing, isn’t it? 好冷啊!
4. what do you think of this weather? 你觉得今天天气怎么样?
5. how do you like our weather? 你喜欢我们这里的天气吗?
6. is the weather always like this? 这儿的天气总是这样吗?
7. the weather’s been very hot lately. 最近天气总是很热。
8. i think we should leave the door open. it’s boiling in there. 我觉得我们应该把大门敞着，屋里太热了。.