1. ----- will you be able to finish the job this week?
----- ___________ , but I m not skilled enough, you know.
A.I can t say so B.I expect so C. I m sure so D. I don t know so
2. We arrived at the station _______ late, or we the bus.
A. too much; would catch B. a little too; had caught
C. much too; would have caught D. too much; would have caught
3. Is it the watch you want ________?
A. to have it repaired B. to repair it
C. to have repaired D. to have repaired it
4. The two thieves fled the town separately, _______ a bag.
A. each carrying B. whose that watch is C. whose watch is that D. whose watch is
5. The little boy can t tell ________.
A. whose is that watch B. whose that watch is
C. whose watch is that D. whose watch is
6. If a baby bird stays _______ for two or three weeks after leaving the nest, it has a fair chance of becoming an adult.
A. living B. lively C. alive D. live
7. We will not attack ______ we are attacked; if attacked,we will certainly counter-attack.
A. if B. when C. unless D. even if
8. You can take ______ seat you like.
A. no matter what B. no matter which C. what D. whichever
9. I ______ to speak to you all these days.
A. wanted B. have wanted C. shall want D. shall be wanting
10.A burning cigarette he threw into the wastepaper basket ______ fire to the hotel.
A. made B. set C. caused D. caught
11."Do you hear someone knocking at the door?"
"Yes, I did. I heard him ______ three times."
A. knocking B. knocked C. being knocking D. knock
12.Peter, John and Tom each ______.
A. say they came first B. says they came first C. says he came first D. say came first
13.Through long power lines electricity goes ______.
A. to the place needed B. there it is needed C. where it is needed D. which it is needed
14. ______from the apple tree.
A. It down fell B. there it is needed C. Down fell it D. Fell it down
15.The service in this restaurant is very poor; there are not enough waiters to wait ______ customers.
A. on B. for C. with D. to
二，改错部分 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√); 如有错误(每行只有一个错误), 则按下列情况改正:
多一个词: 把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉, 在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。
Every morning John goes to work by trains. He 56.___________
always buys a newspaper, it helps to make the time 57.___________
pass more quickly.
One Thursday morning, he turned on the sports 58.____________
page. He wanted to see the report about an important 59.____________
football match the night before, The report was such 60.____________
interesting that he forgot to get off at his station. He
didn t know it when he saw the sea. He got off at the 61.____________
next station , and had to wait long time for a train to 62.____________
go back . Of course, he arrived very late at the office. 63.___________
His boss were very angry when Tom told him why he was late . 64.___________
"Work is very more important than football!" he shouted. 65.___________
Linda was a few minutes late. Wilson 16 the office when she got there. His secretary told her he 17 back in a few minutes. She 18 sit down and wait for a few minutes in outer office.
"I ll never get this job," she 19 herself. For a moment she wanted to 20 the building. Just then, Wilson came 21 the door and hurried into his office. A few minutes 22 his secretary took Linda in and introduced her,
Linda apologized 23 . Wilson didn t seem to 24 .They chatted casually (随便地) for a few seconds and then 25 . He 26 her letter of application.
"You ve never worked in radio or television before, 27 ? "he said. Now she was 28 that she would not get the job. Wilson asked her 29 questions.
30 he seemed impressed with her other qualifications(资格).She was 31 when he asked her if she could start soon. "I wonder if you d mind 32 next month?" he asked 33 .
34 seemed she had got the job 35 .
16. A. had left B. has left C. was left D. would be leaving
17. A. had been B. came C. was D. would be
18. A. should B. had to C. would D. was able to
19. A. told B. spoke C. said D. talked
20. A. run out B run of C. run out of D. run away
21. A. through B. across C. cross D. along
22. A. latest B. last C. late D. later
23. A. to being late B. for being late C. to be late D. for the late
24. A. mind B. listen C. notice D. hear
25. A. took down with business B. came down to business
C. settled down with businessD. got down to business
26. filled out B. took out C. sent out D. threw away
27. A. haven t you B. do youC. have you D. don t you
28. A. even more sure B. much sure C. even sure of D. sure of
29. A. a few such B. a few more C. much a few D. more a few
30. A. As her surprise B. To her surprised C. For her surprised D. To her surprise
31. A. even more surprise B. even much surpriseC. even more surprised D. even much surprised
32. A. starting B. to start C. start D. started
33. A. by a smile B. with a smile C. by smile D. with smile
34. A. It B. This C. That D. He
35. A. not at all B. after all C. all D. after thatwww.59wj.com 如果觉得《公共英语考试（PETS）二级模拟试题(4)》Pets二级,pets不错，可以推荐给好友哦。