Part I Listening Comprehension (15 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your listening ability.
It consists of 3 sections.
Directions: This section is to test your ability to
understand short dialogues. There are 5 recorded
dialogues in it.After each dialogue, there is a recorded question.
Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken only
once. When you hear a question, you should decide on the
correct answer f rom the 4 choices marked A), B), C)
and D) given in your test paper. Then you should mark
the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a
single line through the center.
1. A) Reading a novel. B) Mailing a parcel. C) Writing a book. D) Typing a letter.
2. A) She doesnt travel much. B) She doesnt have the money. C) She doesnt like Kunming. D) She doesnt want to go with the man.
3. A) The woman has bought a lot of things for Mary. B)The woman has bought a few things for herself. C) The woman has bought a few things for the man. D) The woman has bought nothing for Mary.
4. A) She doesnt want a reply. B) Shell send a reply by mail. C) She prefers the man to reply by phone. D) She doesnt know the mans phone number.
5. A) Fix his own computer. B) Have a three-day holiday. C) Visit the woman the next day. D) Repair the womans computer.
Directions: This section is to test your ability
to understand short conversations. There are 2
recorded conversations in it. After each conversation, there are some recorded questions. Both the conversations and questions will be spoken
two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A), B), C) and D) given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a
single line through the center.
6. A) Downstairs. B) Upstairs. C) Across the bus stop. D) Right behind the woman.
7. A) Every ten minutes. B) Every half hour. C) Every hour. D) Every other hour.
8. A) Marketing. B) Finance. C) Production. D) Human Resources.
9. A) Taking long business trips. B) Having work experience. C) Working on weekends. D) Living in the companys dormitory.
10. A) Half an hour. B) One hour. C) One hour and a half. D) Two hours.
Directions: this section is to test your ability to comprehend short passages. You will hear a recorded passage.After that you will hear f ive questions. Both the passage and the questions will be read two times. When
you hear a question, you should complete the answer to it with a word or a short phrase (in not more than 3 words ). The questions and incomplete answers are printed in your test paper. Y ou should write your
answer on the Answer Sheet correspondingly. Now the passage will begin.
11. About how many adult Americans have the "weight problem"? percent.
12. In many peoples opinion, what is the cause of getting fat? Eating .
13. Why were the Americans in 1910 thinner than today? Because they worked physically.
14. What was the result of a recent study? Thinner people are more than fatter people.
15. According to the passage, what happens to those who exercise regularly? They can eat more, and still lose a large amount of .
Part II Structure ( 15 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to construct grammatically correct sentences. It consists of 2 sections.
Directions: In this section, there are 10 incomplete sentences. Y ou are required to complete each one by deciding on the most appropriate word or words f rom the 4 choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. that Bob had got promoted, his friends came to congratulate him.
A) Heard B) Having heard C) Hear D) To hear
17. Try not to be absent class again for the rest of the term.
A) in B) on C) from D) of
18. The young man lost his job last month, but it wasnt long he found a new position in my company.
A) before B) while C) as D) after
19. The representative of the company demanded that part of the agreement revised.
A) will be B) is C) to be D) be
20. What do you think of his suggestion we all attend the meeting?
A) which B) whether C) that D) what
21. Weve got two TV sets, but we still cant watch anything because works properly.
A) neither B) either C) each D) every
22. Ever since I arrived here, I in the dormitory because it is cheaper.
A) lived B) was living C) had been living D) have been living
23. The harder I tried, it seemed to solve that math problem.
A) the impossible B) most impossible C) the more impossible D) the most impossible
24. The accident was my fault, so I had to pay for the damage the other car.
A) at B) to C) on D) for
25. You cant get a drivers license you are at least sixteen years old.
A) unless B) if C) when D) though
Directions: There are 10 incomplete statements here. Y ou should f ill in each blank with the proper form of the word given in the brackets. Write the word or words in the corresponding space on the Answer Sheet.
26. Ive heard that the musical group will set off for Hong Kong to give a three-day ( perform ) .
27. John not only learnt Chinese but also (know) the difference between his culture and ours.
28. The more challenging the journey is, the (happy) the young people will feel.
29. After the flood, life was (extreme) difficult for the farmers in this area.
30. The children (play) the violin over there will go on the stage next week.
31. Before the flight takes off, all passengers are asked to (fast) their seat belts.
32. The policemen (tell) not to take any action until they received further order.
33. I cannot go shopping with you because I have an (appoint) with my dentist this afternoon.
34. The father wants to know why his son (question) by the police last week.
35. The boy passed the finial exams. But if he had spent more time on them, the results (be) much better.
Part III Reading Comprehension (40 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your reading ability. There are 5 tasks f or you to f ulfill. Y ou should read the reading materials caref ully and do the tasks ns you are instructed.
Directions: Af ter reading the f ollowing passage, you will f ind 5 questions or unf inished statements, numbered 36 to 40. For each question or statement there are 4 choices marked A), B), C) and D). You should make the correct choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Do you know how to use a mobile phone (手机) without being rude to the people around you?
Talking during a performance irritates (激怒) people. If you are expecting an emergency call, sit near the exit doors and set your phone to vibrate (振动 ). When your mobile phone vibrates, you can leave quietly and let the others enjoy the performance.
Think twice before using mobile phones in elevators, museums, churches or other indoor public places—especially enclosed spaces. Would you want to
listen to someones conversation in these places? Worse yet,how would you feel if a mobile phone rang suddenly during a funeral! It happens more often than you think. Avoid these embarrassing situations by making sure your
mobile phone is switched off.
When eating at a restaurant with friends, dont place your mobile phone on the table. This conveys the message that your phone calls are more important than those around you.
Mobile phones have sensitive microphones that allow you to speak at the volume you would on a regular phone. This enables you to speak quietly so that others wont hear the details of your conversations. If you are calling from a noisy area, use your hand to direct your voice into the microphone.
Many people believe that they cant live without their mobile phone. Owning a mobile phone definitely makes life more convenient, but limit your conversations to urgent ones and save the personal calls until you are at
36. What should you do when you need to answer a phone call during a performance?
A) Call back after the performance. B) Answer it near the exit door.
C) Talk outside the exit door. D) Speak in a low voice.
37. Putting your mobile phone on a restaurant table may make your friends think
A) you prefer to talk to your friends at the table B) you value your calls more than your friends
C) you are enjoying the company of your friends D) you are polite and considerate of your friends
38. When you are calling in a noisy area, you are advised to .
A) use a more sensitive microphone B) shout loudly into your microphone
C) go away quietly to continue the phone call D) use your hand to help speak into the phone
39. The author implies that the use of mobile phones in such places as museums should be .
A) limited B) expected C) discouraged D) recommended
40. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A) You should limit your mobile phone calls to personal affairs.
B) You should speak quietly into your phone while in a church.
C) You are supposed to turn off your mobile phone at a funeral.
D) You are supposed to use your mobile phone as much as possible.
Directions: This task is the same as T ask 1. The 5 questions or unf inished statements are numbered 41 to 45.
When a rare disease ALD threatened to kill the four-year-old boy Lorenzo, his parents refused to give up hope.Doctors explained that there was no cure for ALD, and that he would probably die within three years. But Lorenzos parents set out to prove the doctors wrong.
The parents devoted themselves to keeping their son alive and searching for a cure. But doctors and the families of other ALD patients often refused to take
them seriously. They thought the efforts to find a cure were a waste of time, and drug companies werent interested in supporting research into such a rare disease.
However, the parents still refused to give up and spent every available hour in medical libraries and talking to anyone who would help. Through trial and error (反复实验 ), they finally created a cure from ingredients (调料)
commonly found in the kitchen. The cure, named" Lorenzos Oil", saved the boys life. Despite the good results, scientists and doctors remained unconvinced. They said there was no real evidence that the oil worked and that the treatment was just a theory.As a result, some families with ALD children were reluctant to try it.
Finally, the boys father organized an international study to test the oil. After ten years of trials, the answer is: the oil keepsALD children healthy.
41. Doctors said that Lorenzo might die within three years because .
A) they had never treated the disease before B) Lorenzo was too young to be, cured
C) no cure had been found for ALD D) ALD was a rare disease
42. The families of other ALD patients thought that .
A) the research for the new cure would cost too much money
B) the efforts of Lorenzos parents were a waste of time
C) Lorenzos parents would succeed in finding a cure
D) Lorenzos oil was a real cure for ALD
43. Scientists and doctors believed that Lorenzos Oil
A) was really effective B) was a success story
C) only worked in theory D) would save the boys life
44. Lorenzos father organized an international study to
A) test Lorenzos Oil B) get financial support
C) find a cure for the disease D) introduce the cure worldwide
45. From the passage we can conclude that
A) doctors remain doubtful of the effectiveness of the cure
B) many ALD patients still refuse to use the oil
C) various cures have been found for ALD D) the oil really works as a cure for ALD
Directions: The f ollowing is an advertisem ent. After reading it, you are required to complete the outline below it ( No. 46 to No. 50 ). Y ou should write your answers brief ly ( in not more than three words) on the Answer
The meeting is over. Youre tired. Now will you get on a plane and rush back home to more work? Heres a better idea. Take a little time for yourself and relax at Holiday Inn.
All our 1,642 hotels worldwide have the best leisure facilities available. And the best locations for relaxation. From the sun-bathed beaches of Thailands Phuket to the unique scenery of Tibet. Or on a journey of discovery to Malaysias Kuching and Penang, and beyond to the ski-fields (滑雪场 ). Holiday Inn makes it easy to relax.
So does the American Express Card. Its the foremost business traveler companion. With no pre-set spending limit you can spend as much as you have shown us you can afford. You have the flexibility to quickly change your
travel plans plus the spending power to make the most of your last minute holiday.
Relax with confidence. Just one of the many benefits of being an American Express Card member and staying at Holiday Inn.
1. Holiday Inn An advertisement Items advertised:
2. American Express Card
Number of Holiday Inn hotels worldwide:
Services offered by Holiday Inn:
2. bestfor relaxation
Advantages of American Express Card:
1. no pre-set
2. flexibility in changing ones
Directions: The f ollowing is a list of terms used in the Internet. Af ter reading it, you are required to find the items equivalent to ( 与 ...相同的 ) those given in Chinese in the table below. Then you should put the
corresponding letters in brackets on the Answer Sheet, numbered 51 to 55.
A--abbreviated dialing code B--off-peak hours
C--charging period D--access code
E--identity number F--video conference
G--operational status H--information subscription
I --Network User Address J --audio signal
K--local user terminal L--file management
M--response signal N--operating instructions
O--change of the battery unit P--function indicator
Q--entry rejected R--external control
51.( )计费时间 ( )非高峰时间
52.( )网络用户地址 ( )标识码
53.( )本地用户终端 ( )音频信号
54.( )文件管理 ( )操作指令
55.( )外部控制 ( )功能指示
Directions: The f ollowing is a Guide to the singapore underground train system. Af ter reading it, you should give brief answers to the 5 questions (No. 56 to No. 60) that f ollow. The answers (in not more than 3 words) should
be written af ter the corresponding numbers on the Answer Sheet.
The Singapore underground train system, known as the MRT, offers a speedy and easy way to get about our city. Youll need small change to buy an individual
ticket. Alternatively, buy a special ticket designed with the tourist in mind. Costing $6 ,it offers $5.50 worth of rides; the extra 50 cents is for keeping the ticket as a souvenir (纪念品 ). Tourist tickets feature one of three designs: the Chinese Gardens, the Victoria Memorial Hall or a night skyline of Singapore.
You gain entry to the trains by inserting your ticket into the barrier achine (检票闸机). Wait for the ticket to reappear and put it away safely: youll need it again. After your trip, you insert your ticket into the barrier in order
to leave. Please note that each ticket is time coded on entry, and you are advised not to spend more than half an hour in addition to travel time, because tickets can expire (失效).
Moving stairs that take you to the platform and train destinations are marked clearly. Trains run frequently. Do remember, eating and drinking are forbidden in MRT stations and trains.
56. What purpose does the MRT serve? To provide a(n) way to get about the city.
57. Why is there an extra cost of 50 cents for a tourist ticket? For the tourist to keep the ticket as
58. Why should people keep the ticket after boarding the train? Because they will when they leave.
59. What will happen if passengers stay in MRT over half an hour in addition to travel time? Their tickets will
60. What is forbidden when people take the underground train? They are not allowed to
Part IV Translation English into Chinese (25 minutes)
Directions: This part, numbered 61 through 65, is to test your ability to translate English into Chinese. After each of the sentences numbered 61 to 64, you will read f our choices of suggested translation. You should choose the best translation and mark the correspon ding letter on your Answer Sheet. And f or the paragraph numbered
65, write your translation in the corresponding space on the Translation/ Composition Sheet.
61. You must sign to accept the terms and conditions as the application will only be processed with the applicants signature.
62. In tile world today any damage to society, whether at the local or at tile global level, will not remain unnoticed.
63. If you are a small firm and you are confident you know the risk assesment, you can do it yourself.
64. An engineer is needed by the company to manage the work of installation teams, and to provide engineering assistance when problems occur.
65. We have learned from our Embassy that you are interested in importing Chinese silk products. We are a long- established exporter of silk products in China and we have a very good reputation both at home and abroad.Our products sell well all over the world and are highly valued by our customers for their excellent quality and fine workmanship (工艺). Enclosed are our catalogue and price list covering all the products. We are looking forward to your early reply.
Part V Writing (25 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to do practical writing. You are required to write a Letter according to the f ollowing inf ormation given in Chinese. Remember to do the task on the Translation/Composition Sheet.
假如你是某公司餐饮部经理 Peter Jones，于2006 年 6 月 18 日发一封信给办公室主任 Brown Smith，内 容是：从下周一开始，员工食堂关闭一周，进行重新装修。上午和下午在一楼接待厅将有餐饮公司使用推车提供饮料和三明治。附近的饭店每天中午 12 点至 13 点为员工提供午餐。
Words for reference：
重新装修 redecoration n. redecorate v. 推车 trolley 接待厅
餐饮公司 catering firm
餐饮部经理 catering manager
Part I Listening Comprehension
(2006 年 6 月)
1. W: When do you need to have the letter typed?
M: The sooner, the better. Ive got to mail it tomorrow.
Q: What are they talking about?
2. M: Will you go with us to Kunming? It is a wonderful place.
W: Id like to, but I am afraid I do not have
enoughmoney. Q: What is the womans problem?
3. W: Ive got a few things for Mary.
M: A few? It seems you have bought the whole supermarket
for her. Q: What can we learn from this conversation?
A)。推理判断题。男士夸张的说女士已经给 Mary 买下了整个超市，由此可推想女士为 Mary 买了很多东西 ，
4. M: Will you give me your e-mail address so that I can send you my reply? W: Why not call me since you have my phone number?
Q: What does the woman mean?
C)所说的 reply by phone。
5. W: How long will it take to get my computer fixed?
M: It should not be longer than three days. I will call
you when it is OK. Q: What is the man going to do?
Section B Conversation 1
W: Excuse me?
M: Yes, maam. Can I help you?
W: Could you tell me where the bank is?
M: It is upstairs across from the coffee bar.
W: Thanks, do you know what time it opens?
M: It should be open now. It opens at 8:00 a. m.
W: Good. And can you tell me how often the buses leave
for the city center? M: and youve just missed one.
W: Oh, dear, then Ill have to wait for another thirty
minutes. Thank you very much. M: That is OK.
6. Where is the bank?
7. How often do the buses leave for the city center?
6. B)。信息明示题。女士询问男士银行的具体位置，男士告诉她说 upstairs。
7. B)。信息明示题。女士询问男士去往市中心的公交车多长时间一趟，男士的回答是 Every half hour.
M: Hi, Jane, please take a seat. W: Thank you.
M: We are now considering your application. Are you interested in working in the Marketing Department?
W: Yes, I am very interested in marketing. It would be a new challenge for me. M: How do you feel about working on weekends?
W: Working on weekends? I have not thought about it, but I will definitely consider it.
W: Then I will try my best to do that.
M: By the w ay, do you live far from the company?
W: No, it only takes me thirty minutes to come here by bus.
M: That is fine. Thank you.
8. In which department is the woman likely to work?
9. What is the special requirement for the job?
10. How long does it take the woman to get to the company by bus.
9. C)。推理判断题。男士说 People in that department often need to do market service during the weekends.这就意味着这份工作的特殊要求就是要在周末加班。
10. A)。信息明示题。女士回答中的 thirty minutes 即 A)中的 half an hour。
In the U. S. A, thirty percent of the adult population has a weight problem. To many people, the cause is obvious--they eat too much. But scientific evidence does not support this idea. Going back to the America of 1910, we find the people were thinner than today. Yet they ate more food. In those days, people worked harder physically, walked more, used machines much less, and did not watch television. Several modem studies have shown that fatter people do not eat more than thinner people. In fact, some investigations report that the fat people eat less than thinner people. Recently, a study of research group found the following interesting fact--thinner people are more active than fatter people. Therefore, those who exercise regularly can eat more and still lose a large amount of body fat.
11. About how many adult Americans have the "weight problem"?
12. In many peoples opinion, what is the cause of getting fat?
13. Why were the Americans in 1910 thinner than today?
14. What was the result of a recent study?
15. According to the passage, what happens to those who exercise regularly?
[解析 ] 本题问美国有多少成年人面 临肥胖问题，根 据 thirty percent of the adult population has a weight problem.可得出答案。听力关键词：weight problem 或 percent。
12. too much
[解析] 本题问大部分人认为什么是导致肥胖的原因，根据 the cause is obvious—they eat too much.可得出 答案。听力关键词：cause 或 eat。
[解析 ] 本题问 1910 年的美国人为 什么比现 在的美国 人瘦， 根据 In those days，people worked harder physically...可得出答案。听力关键词：1910 或 thinner。
[解析] 本题问最近的一项研究结论是什么，根据 found the following interesting fact—thinner people are more active than fatter people.可得出答案。听力关键词：recently 或 a study。
15. body fat
[解析 ] 本题问那些经常锻炼的人能产生什么变化，根据 can eat more and still lose a large amount of body fat.可得出答案。听力关键词：exercise regularly 或 a large amount of。Part II Structure
16. B)。[考查点] 现在分词
[解析] 主句的主语 his friends 也是从句的逻辑主语，和从句谓语 hear
构成主动关系，所以要用现在分 词。另外，hear 这个动作发生在主句动作 came 之前，所以这里要用完成时。
17. C)。[考查点] 固定用法
[解析] be absent from 为固定短语，表示“缺席”。
[避错指导] 其他选项均不能和前面的 absent 搭配，可以排除。
18. A)。[考查点] 固定用法
[解析] 空格前面的 it wasnt long 和 before 构成固定搭配，意为“不久以后”。
[避错指导] 其他选项均不能和前面的 it wasnt long 搭配，可以排除。
19. D)。[考查点] 虚拟语气
[解析] 根据句子中出现的动词 demand，可以判断其后面的 that
20. C)。[考查点] 同位语从句
[解析] 名词后一般接 that 引导的同位语从句宋解释说明名词的具体内容。
[避错指导] A)和 B)不能用来引导同位语从句，可以排除;D)中的 what 在引导同位语从句时，既充当连接
词，又在句中作主语，而题干中的句子结构完整，不需要 what，用连接词 that 即可。
21. A)。[考查点] 否定代词
[解析] 根据“我们还是什么都看不到”可以推断两台电视机都无法正常使用，所以选 neither，对两者都表
[避错指导] B)是选择性代词，意为“两者任选一个”;C)和 D)都表示肯定，不符合句意。
22. D)。[考查点] 时态
[解析] 根据句子中出现的时间状语 Ever since I arrived here
23. C)。[考查点] 形容词/副词比较级用法
[解析] “the+形容词/副词比较级，the+形容词/副词比较级”是英语中的常见句式，意为“越…越… ”。
[避错指导] A)没有使用 impossible 的比较级形式;B)没有使用定冠词 the;D)没有使用
impossible 的比较级 ， 却使用了最高级，因此都不符合结构要求，均可排除。
24. B)。[考查点] 固定用法
[解析] 表示“对…造成损失或破坏”，应该在 damage 后接介词 to。
[避错指导] 其他选项均不能和前面的 damage 构成固定搭配，可以排除。
25. A)。[考查点] 连词用法
[句意] 除非你至少达到 16 岁，不然你无法拿到驾照。
[解析] unless 相当于 if not，意为“如果不，除非”。引导条件状语从句时，其主句常用否定形式。
[避错指导] 根据句意，从句中应该使用具有否定意义的词语，B)、C)和 D)都不具有否定意义，可以排除。
[句意] 我听说那支乐队将要赴香港进行为期 3 天的演出。
[解析] 空格处应为 give 的宾语，又因为前面有复合形容词 three-day，所以应该用 perform
[解析] 本句是由 not only... but also 引导的并列句，因此空格处的动词 know 应该和
learnt 使用相同的时 态。
[解析] 修饰形容词 difficult，这里应该用 extreme 的副词形式 extremely。
[解析] Play 应作主语 children 的定语，两者为主动关系，所以采用现在分词形式 playing。
[考查点] 词形转换 动词不定式
[解析] 动词不定式后应接动词原形，动词 fasten“扣紧，系牢”为形容词 fast 的词形转换。
32. were told
[考查点] 被动语态/时态一致 时态一致
[解析] tell 为 policemen 的谓语，两者为被动关系，所以要用被动语态;而时态上要与从句中的
received 保 持一致，所以空格处应填 were told。
[解析] 空格处应为 have 的宾语，又因为有冠词 an，所以应该用 appoint 的名词形式
34. was questioned
[考查点] 被动语态/时态一致 时态一致
[解析] 由 by the police 可知 his son 应该是被盘问;又由 last week
35。 would have been
[解析] 此句使用虚拟语气，表示与过去事实相反。条件句中用了 had spent，所以主句中要用“would +
Part Ⅲ Reading Comprehension
36. C)。事实细节题。文章第二段末句说 When your mobile phone
vibrates，you can leave quietly and let the others enjoy
[避错指导] 因为题干中提到 need to answer，所以“演出结束后回电话”便为时已晚，因此
37. B)。事实细节题。文章第四段第二句说 This conveys the message that
your phone calls are more important
than those around you.(这样做就表示你的电话比在座的各位都重要。)这与 B)的意思一致。
[避错指导] A)“你喜欢和朋友在就餐时谈话 ”与手机无关，可以排除; C)“你对朋友的陪伴备感高兴 ”，
38. D)。事实细节题。文章第五段末句说 If you are calling from a noisy
area，use your hand to direct your voice
into the microphone.(如果在嘈杂环境中接听电话，要用你的手掩住话筒外侧，这样会使你的声音更
集中。) 这与 D)的意思一致。
39. A)。观点态度题。文章第三段首句说Think twice before using mobile
phones in elevators，museums，churches
or other indoor public places—especially enclosed
40. C)。事实细节题。文章第三段第三句说Worse yet，how would you feel if a
mobile phone rang suddenly during
a funeral!接下来在末句说：要想避免类似的尴尬局面，就要 making sure your mobile
phone is switched off.(确 保你的手机是关闭的)，这里的 switched off 与
C)中的 turn off 同义。
该 speak quietly，故排除 B);D)“尽可能多使用手机”原文并未提及。
41. C)。事实细节题。文章首段第二句 Doctors explained that there was no
cure for ALD，and that he would probably die within three
years.(医生解释说当前还没有治疗 ALD 的药，因此他很可能在 3 年内死亡。)因 此选 C)。
[避错指导] A)“医生们以前没有治疗过这种疾病”、B)“洛伦佐还太小，所以无法接受治疗”、D)“ALD 是
一种罕见的疾病”均不是医生们判定洛伦佐只能活 3 年的根本依据。
42. B)。事实细节题。文章第二段末句说 They thought the efforts to find a
cure were a waste of time…(他们认 为寻找治疗 ALD 的方法只是在浪费时间…)因此选
[避错指导] A)“新方法的研制将耗资巨大”，文章没有提及;C)“洛伦佐的父母最终会找到治疗的方法 ”，
并非其他 ALD 患者家属的看法;因为当时 Lorenzos oil 还未被发现，所以说它“是一种真正能治疗
ALD 的药物”还为时过早，故排除 D)。
43. C)。事实细节题。文章第三段倒数第二句说 They said there was no real
evidence that the oil worked and that
the treatment was just a theory.(他们说没有确凿的证据证明 Lorenzos
oil 对这种疾病有疗效，这仅是理论上 的治疗方法。)因此选 C)。
44. A)。事实细节题。文章末段首句说 the boys father organized an
international study to test the oil .(孩子的
父亲组织了一个科研小组来检测这种药的疗效。)这种药即指 Lorenzos oil，因此选 A)。
[避错指导] B)“获得资金上的支持”、C)“找治疗疾病的方法”、D)“把这种药物推广到全世界”文中均未 提及。
45. D)。事实细节题。文章末句说 After ten years of trials，the answer
is the oil keeps ALD children healthy.(长
达 10 年的试验最终证明：这种药物能使 ALD 病患儿童恢复健康。)可见这种药物对 ALD 具有治愈效果。
[避错指导] A)“医生们仍旧对该药物的效果持怀疑态度”只是片面观点，不是最终结论;文中第三段未句 所说的
reluctant 意为“不情愿”，并非“拒绝”，因此排除 B)“很多患者拒绝使用这种药物”;C)“各种 ALD
[解析] 由第二段首句可知宾馆的数量为 1，642 家。
[解析] 第二段首句说 1，642 家宾馆都能提供最佳的 leisure facilities(休闲设施)。
[解析] 第二段末句说我们拥有最好的 locations for relaxation(娱乐场所)。
49. spending limit
[解析] 第四段第三句说“可根据你向我们提供的信用度任意消费，没有预设 spending limit(消费上限)”。
50. travel plans
[解析] 第四段第四句说“你可以随意地改变你的 travel plans(旅行计划)”。
51.C B 52.I E 53.K J 54.L N 55.R P Task 5
56. speedy and easy
[解析] 首句提到：为来往于城市之间提供快捷方便(speedy and easy)的服务。
57. a souvenir
[解析] 在谈到票价的时候，作者特别提示其中有“额外的 50 cents”，这样乘客便可将此票收藏留作纪念。
58. need it again
[解析] 第二段第二句提到上车后要 put it away safely(收好车票)，因为下车时还要用。
[解析] 第二段最后一句指出在地铁内逗留时间不能超过半小时，否则车票就会 expire(失效)。
60. eat and drink
[解析] 文章末句提到 eating and drinking are forbidden in MRT
stations and trains，这里的 forbidden 和题干前 面的 not allowed
同义，又因使用了动词不定式，所以应填动词原形 eat and drink。
[解析]本题的关键在于对 as 引导的原因状语从句以及前面动词不定式的理解，be processed
应理解为“被受 理”，only 可理解为“必须”，应该说签名是受理的前提。
[解析]本题的关键在于对 whether 引导的让步状语从句的理解，同时还要注意双重否定的翻译。句中 local
[解析]本题的关键在于对 and 连接的两个条件状语从句的理解。第二个从句译作“自信对风险评估很了解”
[解析]本题的关键在于两个动词不定式和 of 短语的理解，两个动词不定式结构作 need
the work of installation teams 译作“领导安装小组的工作”比较恰当。
long-established“长期的”; home and
Part V Writing
Mr. Brown Smith,
From next Monday, the dinning room for the employees
will be closed for a week for the reason of
redecoration. Meantime, at the reception hall on the
first floor, the catering firm may offer drinks and
with trolley both in the morning and the afternoon. What
is more, from 12:00 to 13:00 p.m. the restaurants nearby
offer lunch for our employees.
.. www.59wj.com 如果觉得《2012年6月公共英语三级考试B卷真题及答案》Pets三级,pets不错，可以推荐给好友哦。