Ⅰ.Translate the following:
A. From English into Chinese:
Gross for Net
B. Form Chinese into English:
Ⅱ.Choose the best answer:
1. We should be pleased to send you a sample ____ our own expense.
A. at B. in C. against D. of
2. Good harvest ____ this year has made it possible for us to supply walnuts last year‘s prices.
A. at B. in C. against D. on
3. Any alteration in design would mean re-setting our machines, and the cost of this would be prohibitive ____ you could place an order for more than 5,000.
A. until B. with C. unless D. when
4. After studying our prices and our liberal terms, you will understand why we are working ____ capacity to meet the demand.
A. on B. to C. for D. of
5. Thank you for your remittance of US $ 2,150.00 ____ the 70% freight due under Invoice No.22B/96.
A. of paying B. pay for C. for payment for D. in payment ofwww.59wj.com
6. It will be appreciated ____ you could effect shipment in two equal lots by direct steamer ____ you receive our L/C.
A. when, when B. if, as soon as C. when, which D. will, soon
7. "Virtual shops" may lack see-and-feel sampling, the phenomenal growth of catalogue shopping, TV-and-phone marketing and phone-banking in recent years is proof that see-and-feel is not the only way to sell.
A. While B. If that C. When D. Which
8. The goods were examined by a public surveyor upon arrival at your port, ____ we cannot but accept your claims as tendered.
A. If B. Despite C. Though D. Since
9. The discount of 5% agreed on was granted only ____ no balance was outstanding from previous account.
A. on condition B. on condition that C. that D. depends on
10. We can assure you that these suitings are very popular in the Far-East Markets, ____ we have had some experience.
A. which B. that C. of which D. of that
11. In connection with your invitation ____ for Bid No.0082/95CH dated May 30,1996, the ____ would like to participate in the bid for the supply of Equipment Item No.0302 and the Qualifications Documents as required.
A. undersign, submit B. undersigning, submitting C. undersingned, submit D.undersigned, submitted
12. We are confident that the package of our products will ____ the roughest handling in transit.
A. stand up B. stand to C. suffer from D. stand
13. We regret having received your offer too late, because we ____ our needs elsewhere.
A. already cover B. already covered C. have already cover D. had already covered
14. In mass media, big advertising dollar rules. But by doing business on the Net, a small firm might ____ just as effectively through search engines.
A. get itself know B. get himself know C. get itself known D. get known himself
15. Please check the enclosed fax opening the credit to ensure that it ____ your instructions.
A. agrees B. agrees to C .agrees with D. agrees upon
16. Your L/C calls for an insurance amount for 130% of the invoice value. ____ We would request you to amend the insurance clause.
A. The Case Being it B. The case is like this C. Such being the case D. Such is the case
17. We are not in a position to offer firm, as the goods are ____.
A. out of stock B. outside in stock C. without stock D. no stock
18. We are of course ___ the period for completion of your project has already been exceeded.
A. know it B. aware that C. to know of D. be sure that
19. We confirm ____ accepted your counter proposal yesterday.
A. have B. having C. to have D. has been
20. Since the premium varies with the extent of insurance, extra premium is for buyer‘s account, additional risks ____ be covered.
A. if B. as C. must D. shouldwww.59wj.com
21. This agreement may be ____ six months before its expiry.
A. expanded B. renewed C. postponed D. prolonged
22. The bank on the buyer‘s side in collection arrangement is the ____.
A. remitting bank B. collecting bank C. opening bank D. notifying bank
23. Which of the four choices is NOT an appropriate response to the following sentence:" Do you mind opening the windows?" ____.
A. Surely not B. Not at all C. That‘s all right D. No, of course not
24. The purpose of a promotion letter is to ____ the prospective buyer‘s interest.
A. attract B. arouse C. attend D. alter
25. When you ___ an agent, the appointment is usually ____ in writing.
A. need, met B. want, take C. appoint, made. D. require, make
Ⅲ. Translate the following letter into English in a proper form:
IV．Fill in the contract form in English with the particulars given in the following letters and/or telexes:
Vancouver, July 25,1998
LI DU TEXTILE IMP.EXP CORP.,
Re: COTTON BATH TOWELS
A customer of our firm, who is one of the biggest importers in Canada, is in the subject commodity. We would therefore ask you to make us an offer as soon as possible.
When offering, kindly quote your lowest priced on the basis of CFR Vancouver including our commission of 3% with indication of colors, assortments, method of packing and any additional information you consider necessary. We shall appreciate it if you will arrange for shipment to be made as early as possible by direct steamer for Vancouver.
We are looking forward to receiving your offer.
VANCOUVER TRADINC CO.,LTD.
Beijing, August 2,1998
VANCOUVER TRADING CO.,LTD.
Thank you for your letter of July 25 inquiring for COTTON BATH TOWELS. We are glad to send you under separate cover our quotation sheet No. AC-8115 for your reference. Sample cuttings of each design have been dispatched today by air parcel.
We expect our quotation will reach you in due time and assure you of our best and prompt attention to your requirements at any time.
Your early reply will be highly appreciated.
LI DU TEXTILE IMP/EXP CORP.
RE;COTTON BATH TOWELS
TKS FR UR LTA AUG 2 AS WELL AS SMPL CUT TINGS OF THE SUBJECT GDS. ON EXAMG UR SMLPLS, OUR CSTMARS HV FAN INTRST IN ART NO.G303 N WISH TO PLACE TLR ORDR FR 1,000 DZ IN WHITE N YELLOW COLOR EQUALLY ASSORTED FR SHPMT OCT/NOV. AS USUAL, OUR SIGHT IRRE - LC WL B OPND IN UR FAVOR 30 DAYS BFR SHPMT TIME.
Beijing, August 11,1998
VANCOUVER TRADING CO., LTD.
Thank you for your order of August 10 for 1,000 dozen COTTON BATH TOWELS. We are now making you the following offer, subject to your confirmation reaching us not later than August 20: 1,000 dozen of Art. No. G3030 COTTON BATH TOWELS (details as per your telex of August 10) at CAN $ 24 per dozen CFRC2 Vancouver for shipment from any Chinese mainland port in October. Please note that, there is no direct steamer available for Vancouver in October, we find it only possible to ship the goods with transhipment at Hongkong. The goods are to be packed in cartons each containing 5/10 dozen at buyers‘ option.
We look forward to your early acceptance.
LI DU TEXTILE IMP/EXP CORP.
TK U FR UR LTR AUG 11. UR OFR 1,000 DZ COTTON BATH TOWELS ACEPTD. V R NOW ARRANGING WITH OUR BK FR RELEVANT LC. AS TO PACKG, V PREFER CTNS CONTAINING 5 DZ. PLS SEND CONTRACT ASAP. RGDS.
NO.98 - 110
This Contract is made by and between the Buyers and the Sellers, whereby the Buyers agree to buy and the Sellers agree to sell the under - mentioned commodity according to the terms and conditions stipulated below:
Time of Shipment:
Port of Shipment:
Port of Destination:
Terms of Payment:
Done and signed in Beijing on this 20th day of August 1998. www.59wj.com
V. Write a letter in English asking for amendments to the following letter of credit by checking it with the above - mentioned contract:
COMMERCIAL BANK OF TORONTO
Date: Sept.5, 1998
To: BEIJING IMP.EXP CORP.
Advised through Bank of China, Beijing
No, BOC 98/09/05
DOCUMENTARY LETTER OF CREDIT
You are authorized to draw on VANCOUVER TRADING CO. LTD., Vancouver for a sum not exceeding CAN $ 24,000(SAY CANADIAN DOLLARS TWENTY THOUSAND ONLY) available by draft drawn on them at 60 day‘s sight accompanied by the following documents:
Full set of Clean on Board Bills of Lading made out to order and blank endorsed, marked "freight prepaid" dated not later than October 31,1998 and notify accountee.
Signed Commercial Invoice in quintuplicate.
Canadian Customs Invoice in quintuplicate.
Insurance Policies (or Certificates) in duplicate covering Marine and War Risks.
Evidencing shipment from China port to Toronto, Canada of the following goods:
1,000 dozen of Art. No. G3030 COTTON BATH TOWELS at CAN $ 24 per dozen CFRC2 Vancouver, details as per your S/C No.98 - 110.
Partial shipments are allowed.
Transhipment is prohibited.
This credit expires on November 15, 1998 for negotiation in China.
Ⅳ. Translate the following:
1. From Chinese into English:
2．From English into Chinese:
Services play an important role in the economy of many industrialized countries. As a result, international growth and competition in this sector has begun to outstrip that of merchandise trade and is likely to intensify in the future. Even though services unlikely to replace production, the sector will account for the shaping of new comparative advantages internationally.www.59wj.com 如果觉得《1999年外销员统一考试外贸英语试题》外贸外语模拟试题,wxy不错，可以推荐给好友哦。