PART Ⅰ WRITING［45 MIN.］
SECTION A COMPOSITION［35 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a composition of 150 words on the following topic:
The Influence of Internet You are to write in three paragraphs.In the first paragraph, state clearly that internet is influencing our life great.In the second paragraph, state clearly the internet brings much convenience as well as much negative effects.In the last paragraph, state clearly your advice on how to use the internet properly.Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy.
SECTION B NOTE-WRITING［10 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a note of about 50-60 words based on the following situation:
John invited you to his birthday party this evening, but your mother is ill, so you have to go home. Then, write a note to John.Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy.
PART Ⅱ DICTATION[WT5] ［15 MIN.］
Listen to the following passage. Altogether the passage will be read to you four times. During the first reading, which will be read at normal speed, listen and try to understand the meaning. For the second and third readings, the passage will be read sentence by sentence, or perhaps phrase by phrase, with intervals of 15 seconds. The last reading will be read at normal speed again and during this time you should check your work. You will then be given 2 minutes to check through your workonce more. Please write the whole passage on ANSWER SHEET TWO.
LISTENING COMPREHENSION[WT5]［20 MIN.］
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything once only. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your ANSWER SHEET.
SECTION A STATEMENT
In this section you will hear nine statements. At the end of each statement you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following nine questions.
1. What did Alice do?
A. She is behind the door.
B. She closed the door quietly.
C. She rang at the door.
D. She shut the door forcefully.
2. What did the speaker imply?
A. Some women established the college.
B. A women’s group funded the college.
C. The women’s college was found to be a good one.
D. The number of women college students has been growing.
3. What did Tom do on Saturday night?
A. Tom went to a party but did not study.
B. Tom did not attend the party but did some study.
C. Tom studied on Saturday night so he could go to a party on Sunday.
D. Tom left the party early to study.
4. What does the speaker mean?
A. California is a state of paupers.
B. The state with the largest population in the US is California.
C. California is the most popular state in the US.
D. California is the state people love most.
5. How about tomorrow’s weather?
A. The temperature will fall.
B. The temperature will stay warm.
C. The temperature will remain cold.
D. The temperature will rise.
6. How many boxes of cookies did we book this year?
7. What did the speaker mean?
A. The customer asked for dessert.
B. The children screamed.
C. The speaker wanted to follow the custom.
D. The weather was cold.
8. Who is Ms. Green?
A. A teacher.
B. A doctor.
C. A lawyer.
D. A businesswoman.
9. What did the speaker mean?
A. He ran with his friend.
B. He met his old friend in Paris.
C. He met his old friend on his way to Paris.
D. He made a new friend.www.59wj.com
SECTION B CONVERSATION
In this section, you will hear nine short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following nine questions.
10. Where has the woman just been?
A. At the bank.B. At the market.
C. At the nursery.D. At the hardware store.
11. Why doesn’t the man get the tune-up?
A. He doesn’t have the right tools.
B. He can’t afford it.
C. He wants to wait until the next day.
D. He doesn’t need one.
12. What is being discussed?
A. A head cold.B. The weather.
C. The woman’s son.D. Fatigue.
13. How many students are good in basketball?
A. About 80.B. More than 80.
C. Half of the student body.D. About 40.
14. What should the woman do at the second stoplight?
A. Turn right.
B. Turn left.
C. Drive two blocks to the next stoplight.
D. Make a U-turn at the second stoplight.
15. How much time is the couple allowing once they get to the airport?
A. Three quarters of an hour.B. Half an hour.
C. A quarter of an hour.D.Ten minutes.
16. What is the woman’s occupation?
A. A traffic guard.B. A sociologist.
C. A student.D. A salesperson.
17. What does the woman want to buy?
A. Toilet bowl cleaner.B. Household goods.
C. Light bulbs.D. Tulips.
18. What means of transportation are the man and woman using?
A. Airplane.B. Bus.C. Subway.D. Car.
SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
Questions 19 to 21 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item,you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
19. What have the Sierra rebels and pro-government militiamen done under
an agreement to end the recent fighting?
A. They have killed thousands of civilians.
B. They have fought each other again.
C. They have begun handing over their weapons to U.N. peacekeepers.
D. They have found a diamond mine.
20. Where has the process begun?
B. Port Loko.
C. The east of the country.
D. Both A and B.
21. The rebels have become notorious for____.
A. controlling the diamond-mining area
B. killing thousands of civilians
C. maiming thousands of civilians
D. both B and C
Questions 22 to 23 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item,you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions.Now listen to the news.
22. How many people died in last month’s riot?
23. Who will remain in jail until next week?
A. Many students.
B. 41 people.
C. Prof. Mesfin Woldmariam and Prof. Berhanu Nego.
D. Those workers on hunger strikes.
Questions 24 to 25 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item,you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
24. Who has taken steps to resolve the conflict?
A. U.N. Secretary Council Envoys.
B. President Joseph Kabila.
C. Jean-David Levitte.
D. President Jose Eduardo Dos Santo.
25. When did Mr. Kabila become the head of the state?
A. In January.
B. 3 years ago.
C. In December.
D. On this Thursday.
Decide which of the choices given below would correctly complete the passage if inserted in the corresponding blanks. Mark the correct choice for each blank on your ANSWER SHEET.
During the whole of a dark, cloudy day near the end of the year I had been ___26___my horse along country roads with little life or beauty.___27___evening fell, I found myself within view of the House of Usher. I do not know why, but my first sight of it___28___my heart heavy .I stopped my horse___ 29___the edge of the black and quiet lake that lay beside the building.___30___down into the water ,I saw a reflection of the dark old house and the dying trees in it. There was something in that reflection that___31___fear to my heart,though I could not tell what___32___.I looked up at the old house itself ,which was made___33___stone .None of the wall had fallen, but many stones___34___to be loose. There___35___to be a break in the front of the building,___36___down the wall from the top until it had lost in the dark water of the lake .I had come to visit a childhood friend ,Roderick Usher. I ___37___him for many years ,and I knew very little about him. But he had written me a letter,___38___ me to come. He was sick in body and in mind ,and he wanted to see me,his best and oldest friend. I could not refuse. But now, something about the house frightened me. The room ___39___ the friend met me was almost dark ,but I could see that he had changed very much since our last meeting many years ago. He looked ill, and there was a wild look in his eyes.He was nervous he would be active for a few moments and then suddenly he would be very quiet. He told me that he had a family illness which could not be cured .The worst part was his fear of everything .The light hurt his eyes, and even a small noise filled him___40___fear. Most of all he was afraid of dying .Fear had become part of his life, such as it was now.
26.A. rodeB. riddenC. ridingD. ride
27.A. WhenB. On theC. In theD.Towards
28.A. gotB. madeC. putD. let
29.A. withB. atC. overD. under
30.A. LookedB. LookingC. SeeingD. Saw
31.A. broughtB. causedC. producedD. formed
32.A. was itB. it used to beC. it wasD. should it have been
33.A. withB. ofC. forD. by
34.A. had beenB. sawC. appearedD. were supposed
35.A. should beB. seemedC. lookingD. ought
36.A. goingB. wentC. goneD.goes
37.A. did not seeB. have not seen
C. had not seenD. had not been seeing
38.A. askedB. to have askedC. askingD. being asked
39.A. thatB. in thatC. by whichD. in which
40.A. withB. ofC. forD. inwww.59wj.com
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY［15 MIN.］
There are twenty-five sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C, and D. Choose one word or phrase that correctly completes the sentence. Mark your answer on your ANSWER SHEET.
41. In selecting a material, the engineer’s interest is in its properties which determine how it will perform under the loads and condition____it is subject.
A. whereB. whichC. in whichD. to which
42. To meet the ever increasing demand____oil-refining equi pment, the company will produce more of such equipment.
A. ofB. onC. withD. for
43. “The president made a brilliant decision, didn’t he?”
“Yes, he did. I don’t know what I would have done if I____to make that decision.”
A. wereB. had hadC. have hadD. had
44. Animal mothers are devoted to their young and____ them with love and discipline.
A. mindB. watchC. helpD. tend
45. The physicists propose that our attention____the use of special methods of thinking and acting.
A. would be directed towardsB. should be directed towards
C. is directed towardsD. directs towards
46. According to the acoustics, continual exposure____ noise of high intensity would lead to loss of hearing.
A. ofB. withC. toD. by
47. We are convinced____ the righteousness of our cause.
A. ofB. onC. overD. at
48. Urban congestion would greatly be relieved if the____charged on public transport were more reasonable.
A. pricesB. ticketsC. feesD. fares
49. You’d better let me know as soon as there is a(n)____position in the branch office.
A. emptyB. vacuum C. hollowD. vacant
50. They will never reconcile themselves to____.
A. defeatB. their defeat
C. be defeatedD. have their defeat
51. The matter is not to be ____.
A. watched forB. waited onC. taken overD. trifled with
52. The mother almost____when she learned that her son was shot dead.
A. fell downB. came downC. fell apartD. went to pieces
53. While doing calculation for the project, the designers____a new solution to a geological problem.
A. fell intoB. stumbled uponC. set outD. discovered
54. I meant____ you about it, but I forgot to do so.
A. tellingB. having toldC. to tellD. to have told
55. Everything____into consideration, I propose that the first prize should be given to Liu Qiang.
A. to takeB. takingC. takenD. took
56. They____the park of late.
A.will visitB. have visited
C. are visitingD. visited
57. The girl was so ____by the mighty river that she would spend hours sitting on its bank and gazing at the boats and rafts going and coming.
A. absorbedB. fascinatedC. movedD. touched
58. After traveling in the desert for many days, they found a tiny oasis,where there was a well and ____green grass.
A. a patch ofB. a bunch ofC. a pinch ofD. a packet of
59. After a careful investigation, the committee decided to____the old hall.
A. changeB. buildC. innovateD. renovate
60. The fierce heat of this summer withered most of the crops____ his farm.
A. inB. onC. ofD. from
61. Since the father died a year ago, there has been ____in the family about the division of the estate.
A. distinctionsB. discord
C. disadvantagesD. disappointment
62. Having been discussed, the proposal was____unanimously.
A. adaptedB. adoptedC. admittedD. adjoined
63. I’d just as soon you____ those important papers with you.
A. don’t takeB. didn’t take
C. hadn’t takenD. were not taking
64. The theme of the novel is that a person’s fate____that of the whole country.
A. is closely linked up withB. is closely dealt with
C. is closely taken asD. is closely tired up with
65. The American professor came to realize that he had underestimated the____of most of the Chinese students.
A. magnitudeB. gradientC. potentialD. firmness www.59wj.com 如果觉得《英语专业四级考试全真模拟试卷三(1)》专四模拟试题,yyzszb不错，可以推荐给好友哦。