PART ⅠWRITING［45 MIN.］
SECTION A COMPOSITION［35 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a composition of 150 words on the following topic:Health and Wealth, Which to Prefer?You are to write in three paragraphs.In the first paragraph, state clearly your viewpoint on the issue.In the second paragraph, explain your reasons clearly and with supporting details.In the last paragraph, draw a conclusion or suggestion.Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.
SECTION B NOTE-WRITING［10 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a note of about 50-60 words based on the following situation:
You have promised to join your friend Mike’s party, but now you can’t go. Write to apologize and explain why. Marks will be awarded for content, organization,grammar and appropriacy.
PART ⅡDICTATION［15 MIN.］
Listen to the following passage. Altogether the passage will be read to you four times. During the first reading, which will be read at normal speed, listen and try to understand the meaning. For the second and third readings, the passage will be read sentence by sentence, or perhaps phrase by phrase, with intervals of 15 seconds. The last reading will be read at normal speed again and during this time you should check your work. You will then be given 2 minutes to check through your work once more.
Please write the whole passage on ANSWER SHEET TWO.
PART ⅢLISTENING COMPREHENSION［20 MIN.］
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything once only. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct response for each question on your ANSWER SHEET.
In this section you will hear nine statements. At the end of each statement you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following nine questions.
1. What does the speaker imply?
A. We’ll go home because there are no tickets available for the movie.
B. We’ll go home because there are no tickets available for the concert.
C. We’ll go to the movie because we couldn’t get any tickets for the concert.
D. We’ll go to the concert instead of going back home.
2. The speaker means____.
A. it hurt me to look at the lamp.
B. I hurt myself on the lamp.
C. the lamp attracted my attention.
D. I bought the lamp.
3. The blouses will cost____.
A. $160B. $40C. $18D. $80
4. The speaker earns____a month.
A. $900B. $1800C. $200D.$400
5. How did Mary feel about the movie?
A. She found it interesting.
B. She found it lengthy.
C. She found it significant.
D. She found it boring.
6. Where does Sandy believe life is harder?
A. The city.B. The country.
C. The lake.D. The swamp.
A. called his mother three days agoB. was too busy to call his mother
C. called his mother three days later
D. hadn’t called his mother for more than three days
8. The speaker claims____.
A. don’t make noise in the kitchen
B. you may not cook here
C. they were quite when they ate
D. these are homemade cookies
9. What is the meaning of the speaker?
A. If you can see the movie on television, why pay for it?
B. Would it be foolish to watch that movie on television?
C. Why did you pay to see a movie on television?
D. When you saw that movie on television, was it silly?www.59wj.com
In this section, you will hear eight conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following eight questions.
10. What does the woman imply?
A. The man should watch the program, too.
B. The man should leave the television on.
C. The program will be over soon.
D. She’ll watch television later.
11. When was the fire built?
A. Before the man came home.
B. After the man came home.
C. After the woman left.
D. When both were home.
12. How is the woman doing in the course?
A. She understands very little.
B. She hasn’t been doing much of the reading.
C. She isn’t having much trouble.
D. She understood the reading last night.
13. What’s the topic of the conversation?
A. A robbery.B. A burglary
C. A theft.D. An armed robbery.
14. What have the students been assigned to do before Saturday?
B. To check out book from the library.
C. To see a movie and write a paragraph.
D. To read the next chapter in the textbook.
15. How much does the stereo cost now?
A. $1000.B. $800.C. $820.D. $960.
16. What happened to Myron?
A. He passed out.
B. He failed to get the job of chairman.
C. He made the wrong selection.
D. He was put in an awkward position.
17. What did the woman say of her knowledge of foreign languages?
A. She hasn’t learned French.
B. She can speak several foreign languages including French.
C. She can speak either German or French.
D. She speaks neither French nor German.
SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
Questions 18 to 19 are based on the following news item. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the two questions.Now listen to the news.
18. Which one of the following is NOT mentioned in the list of the military equipment handed over?
A. Rifles.B. Vehicles.C. Uniforms.D. Fuel.
19. Which of the following is true?
A. The RUF seized military equipment from U.N. peacekeepers earlier this year.
B. The logistical problems prevented the return of all the U.N. equipment.
C. The rebels seized the military equipment when they surrounded and seized several U.N peacekeepers.
D. The U.N. troops later escaped from the prison.
Questions 20 to 21 are based on the following news item. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the two questions. Now listen to the news.
20. What’s the percentage of the unhealthy children by the time they graduated from high school?
A. 10%.B. 13%.C. 20%.D. 90%.
21. What is the national average rate of the measles among children?
A. 13 out of every 1000 children.
B. 40 out of every 1000 children.
C. 1 out of every 1000 children.
D. 0.3 out of every 1000 children.
Questions 22 to 23 are based on the following news item. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the two questions.Now listen to the news.
22. The peacekeeping force is led by____.
A. NATOB. GermanC. U.N.D. U.S.A.
23. How long will the role of German peacekeepers be extended?
A. 5 years.B. 5 months.C. 1 year.D. 1 month.
Questions 24 to 25 are based on the following news item. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the two questions. Now listen to the news.
24. Where did the Afghan Islamic Press based?
A. Afghan.B. Saudi Arabia.C. Pakistan.D. United Arab Emirates.
25. Which is the opposition government’s capital?
A. Taloqan.B. Ishkamish.C. Namakabad.D. Faizabad.www.59wj.com
Decide which of the choices given below would correctly complete the passage if inserted in the corresponding blanks. Mark the correct choice for each blank on your ANSWER SHEET.
Today there are a great variety of types of colleges and universities in the United States. Some are ___26___by the states, others are privately endowed, and ___27___ are supported by ___28___ sects. Some of these institutions focus on a general liberal education; others on technical and practical training, on specialized research, on the fine arts, or on preparation for the practice of a profession. Between 1900 and 1950 college enrollment ___29___ tenfold, and it has grown much greater since then. The students represent all economic levels of society and all races.
State governments and other governmental ___30___, special foundations, and the colleges themselves grant many ___31___ to students with special abilities and to those with ___32___ needs. And the federal government has established a vast program offering long-term loans to students to help them ___33___ their education expenses. The goal is to make higher learning available to everyone who is willing and capable, ___34___his financial situation.
To ___35___ educational opportunity to more of the population, ___36___ schools have been established. These include two-year junior colleges and ___37___ colleges for workers. There are city-supported and state-supported colleges with ___38___ little or no ___39___. Some of them have ___40___ admission policy, so that anyone who has graduated from high school is accepted.
26. A. held onB. backed upC. stood outD. put in
27. A. more othersB. others moreC. still othersD. others still
28. A. religiousB. spiritualC. sacredD. godly
29. A. reproducedB. multipliedC. intensifiedD. strengthened
30. A. agenciesB. organizersC. officialsD. leaders
31. A. opportunitiesB. occasionsC. scholarshipsD. assistantships
32. A. economicalB. financialC. materialD. psychological
33. A. lookB. bindC. keepD. meet
34. A. regardless ofB. with regard toC. in consideration ofD. despite of
35. A. intendB. spreadC. resortD. demand
36. A. less-demandingB. more-demandingC. less-acquiring D. more-acquiring
37. A. extraB. spareC. eveningD. nightly
38. A. refundB. chargeC. exposeD. enlist
39. A. taxationB. depositC. spendingD. tuition
40. A. a closeB. an interC. a transD. an openwww.59wj.com
PART ⅤGRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY［15 MIN.］
There are twenty-five sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Choose one word or phrase that correctly completes the sentence. Mark your answers on your ANSWER SHEET.
41. I believe watching TV is____ listening to radio.
A. so good or better thanB. like good or better than
C. as good as or better thanD. as good as or better
42. The effect of the medicine,____ we had expected, was quite encouraging.
A. whichB. thatC. asD. what
43. “Would you send this message to Prof. Wilson?”“Sure,____him about something else in any case, so there won’t be any bother at all.”
A. I’ll seeB. I seeC. I’ll be seeingD. I may see
44. I have no choice then but ____the work.
A. finishedB. to finishC. finishD. finishing
45. “During last decade, there have been many changes in family life.”“Are these changes ____?”
A. for the good or for the bad
B. for the worse or for the better
C. for worse or for better
D. for the worst or for the best
46. James was born in London____May 7, 1952 ____4:45____the morning.
A. on/at/inB. in/at/inC. in/at/onD. on/by/in
47. Is it important that he____ his education in all ways?
A. developB. developsC. will developD. developed
48. Can you introduce the girl____ the right to me?
A. inB. atC. onD. of
49. A sneeze cannot be performed voluntarily,____ be easily suppressed.
A. nor it canB. it can notC. nor can itD. cannot it
50. He is still not here, he____.
A. may miss his planeB. could miss his plane
C. should have missed his plane
D. may have missed his plane
51. I do not doubt____ he will appear soon.
A. thatB. whetherC. ifD. whatever
52. All substances,____, liquid or solid, are made up of atoms.
A. be they gasesB. whether they are gases
C. they are gasesD. they can be gases
53. Only in recent years____ begun to realize the importance of Internet.
A. people haveB. have people
C. that people haveD. since have people
54. He was ____by the police with breaking the law.
A. chargedB. accusedC. capturedD. sentenced
55. Some people do not show much____ in their choice of food.
A. discriminationB. recognitionC. admissionD. indecision
56. They are bending with great ____ over the computer.
A. attemptB. concentrationC. toleranceD. devotion
57. The new evidence threw some light____ the case.
A. inB. toC. atD. on
58. The student was disappointed____ the prize awarded by the school.
A. inB. withC. atD. to
59. I would ____ you not to involve in this matter.
A. councilB. counselC. declareD. console
60. The ever-lasting inflation caused the rising of the living____.
A. cost B. expenseC. priceD. value
61. He has to____ his mean salary by living economically.
A. onsetB. outsetC. offsetD. outlet
62. “How could you buy the whole flat?”“I bought it ____account.”
A. withB. inC. atD. on
63.The brave soldiers____ the attacking invaders.
A. rejectedB. repelledC. compelledD. rebelled
64. All living things must,____ reason of physiological limitations, die.
A. onB. toC. byD. for
65. You should____ your room now and then to keep it supplied with fresh air.
A. ventilateB. versatileC. verifyD. versify www.59wj.com 如果觉得《英语专业四级考试全真模拟试卷六(1)》专四模拟试题,yyzszb不错，可以推荐给好友哦。