PART Ⅰ WRITING［45 MIN.］
SECTION A COMPOSITION［35 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a composition of 150 words on the following topic:
The Importance of Water Resource You are to write in three paragraphs.
In the first paragraph, state clearly that we are facing the crisis of water shortage.
In the second paragraph, state the relation between water resource and the development of human society.
In the last paragraph, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion with your advice on counter-measures.
Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.
SECTION B NOTE-WRITING［10 MIN.］
Write on ANSWER SHEET ONE a note of about 50-60 words based on the following situation:
You have received a birthday gift from a friend of yours. Write a note to acknowledge the gift and express your thanks.Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriacy.
PART ⅡDICTATION ［15 MIN.］
Listen to the following passage. Altogether the passage will be read to you four times. During the first reading, which will be read at normal speed, listen and try to understand the meaning. For the second and third readings, the passage will be read sentence by sentence, or perhaps phrase by phrase, with intervals of 15 seconds. The last reading will be read at normal speed again and during this time you should check your work. You will then be given 2 minutes to check through your work once more.
Please write the whole passage on ANSWER SHEET TWO.
PART Ⅲ LISTENING COMPREHENSION［20 MIN.］
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything once only. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct response for each question on your ANSWER SHEET.
In this section you will hear eight statements. At the end of each statement you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following eight questions.
1. The speaker thinks ____.
A. not all the lectures were interesting
B. the lectures were rather interesting
C. nobody heard the lectures
D. the lectures were all boring
2. We can infer from the sentence that____.
A. allthe students respect Doctor Brown
B. Doctor Brown is taller than his students
C. students are constantly looking for Doctor Brown
D. someone says Doctor Brown upstairs with his students
3. The speaker claims____.
A. that is the best meal he’s ever had in White Rose Restaurant
B. White Rose Restaurant is not his favorite restaurant
C. he rarely eats in White Rose Restaurant
D. he seldom has good meals in White Rose Restaurant
4. Jean usually wears____.
A. size 38 shoes
B. size 37 shoes
C. shoes in different colors
D. shoes in different styles
5. We can infer that____.
A. like Lena, Marcos preferred to be in the country
B. Marcos performed in the orchestra with Lena
C. unlike Lena, Marcos thought the orchestra played poorly
D. Marcos tried to inform Lena that the concert was cancelled
6. The woman____.
A. was opening a door
B. didn’t like the door to be open when she was working
C. saw the door opening and it frightened her
D. was repairing the door
7. What did Tom do after school?
A. Studied.B. Went home.
C. Played with David.D. Attended French exam.
8. The speaker means____.
A. no matter what, we’re come for you tomorrow
B. we may be coming a little late tomorrow
C. we may come tomorrow or pick another date
D. if you can’t come today, please come tomorrowwww.59wj.com
In this section, you will hear nine conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following nine questions.
9. What does the woman say about the election?
A. It took place two months ago.
B. It wasn’t exactly a national election.
C. It will be held in a month.
D. It won’t be held as expected.
10. What mistake did the man make?
A. He met the wrong men.
B. He forgot to knock at the door.
C. He forgot to bring his business cards.
D. He didn’t see the notice.
11. How many envelopes will the man and the woman buy?
A. 6.B. 18.C. 24.D. 12.
12. What time is their departure scheduled?
A. 12:15.B. 12:30.C. 1:00.D. 1:15.
13. What is Bob doing?
A. He is eating his meal.
B. He is watching TV.
C. He is doing his homework.
D. He is playing cards.
14. This conversation most probably takes place?
A. In a bank.
B. In a post office.
C. In a restaurant.
D. In a ticket office.
15. How does the man feel about the woman?
A. She should be careful about her money.
B. She should buy the brown suit.
C. She should find another job to make more money.
D. She shouldn’t buy the brown suit.
16. When is she invited?
A. Next year.
B. When he finishes his writing.
D. After he visits her.
17. What did the woman do last weekend?
A. Stayed at home.
B. Went to New York.
C. Visited her sister.
D. Spoke to her sister on the phone.
SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST
Questions 18 to 19 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
18. Which one of the following is NOT true?
A. The U.S. Congress has ratified the agreement to normalize U.S. trade with Vietnam.
B. The agreement was negotiated in the last year.
C. President Bush wanted to normalize overall ties between U.S. and Vietnam.
D. The agreement has strong support among Vietnam War veterans.
19. What does the agreement require Vietnam to do?
A. To release war captures.
B. To cut down tariffs.
C. To export less.
D. To remove trade barriers.
Questions 20 to 21 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer thequestions. Now listen to the news.
20. How many casualties did the attack cause?
A. 39.B. 15.
C. 50.D. 54.
21. Where did the attack occur?
A. At a supermarket.
B. At a subway station.
C. At a shrine.
D. At a museum.
Questions 22 to 23 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
22. Which country has not signed the free-trade agreement with Iraq?
A. Egypt.B. Kuwait.C. Syria.D. Libya.
23. When did the U.N. impose economic sanctions on Iraq?
A. 1990.B. 1991.C. 1992.D. 1993.
Questions 24 to 25 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
24. How many Pakistani soldiers arrived in Sierra Leone Thursday?
A. 4,000.B. 265.C. 12,000.D. 10.
25. Why does the rebels battle the Sierra Leonean Army?
A. To overthrow the government.
B. To become independent.
C. To control the diamond field.
D. To ask for ransom.www.59wj.com
Decide which of the choices given below would correctly complete the passage if inserted in the corresponding blanks. Mark the correct choice for each blank on your ANSWER SHEET.
Although interior design has existed since the beginning of architecture, its development into a specialized field is really quite recent. Interior designers have become ___26___ partly because of the many functions that might be ___27___ in a single large building. There might be stores, theaters, restaurants, and other ___28 ___on the main floor or lower floors of a building, while the upper floors might have hotel rooms, apartments, or business offices for many ___29 ___kinds of companies.The importance of interior design becomes ___30 ___when we realize how much time we spend in places surrounded by four walls. Whenever we need to be ___31___, we want our surroundings to be as attractive and comfortable as possible. We also expect each place to be appropriate [ZZ(]32 ___its use. You would be shocked if the ___33___ of your bedroom was suddenly changed to look like that of a restaurant. And you ___34___ feel right in a business office that looked like a school.It soon becomes clear that the interior designer’s most important basic ___35___ is the function of the particular space. For example, a theater with poor sight lines, poor sound-shaping qualities, and too few ___36___and exits will not work for its ___37___, no matter how beautifully it might be decorated. ___38___, for any kind of space, the designer needs to make various kinds of decisions. He or she must ___39___ decoration of everything from the shapes, textures, lighting, and ___40 ___to floor. In addition, the designer must usually select furniture or design built-in furniture, according to the functions that need to be served.
26. A. rareB. difficultC. importantD. helpful
27. A. containedB. doneC. undertakenD. fulfilled
28. A. placesB. centersC. departmentsD. businesses
29. A. differentB. otherC. variantD. rare
30. A. obscureB. neglectedC. clearD. superior
31. A. insideB. indoorsC. withinD. interior
32. A. toB. forC. asD. in
33. A. indoorsB. insideC. innerD. internal
34. A. wouldB. wouldn’tC. needD. needn’t
35. A. attentionB. careC. considerationD. concern
36. A. entriesB. windowsC. doorsD. toilets
37. A. sakeB. goodC. benefitD. purpose
38. A. ButB. AsC. NeverthelessD. Although
39. A. considerB. think ofC. take account ofD. coordinate
40. A. floorB. wallC. ceilingD. window
PART Ⅴ GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY［15 MIN.］
There are twenty-five sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Choose one word or phrase that correctly completes the sentence. Mark your answers on your ANSWER SHEET.
41. John has to prepare the mathematic examination ____.
A. he can as bestB. best as he can
C. as he can bestD. as best he can
42. He is the best investment adviser and____can tell you which share you should buy.
A. as suchB. as toC. so as toD. such as to
43. They have____to cover both of them.
A. too small an umbrellaB. very small an umbrella
C. a too small umbrellaD. a small umbrella
44. “Where is your farther?”“He ____flowers in the garden.”
A. watersD. must waterC. must be wateringD. must have watered
45. The girl under the tree is____my sister.
A. no one thanB. no other than
C. no one thatD. none other than
46.____ the book?
A. What do you like
B. What do you think
C. How do you think of
D. How do you like
47. She is going to have____ X-rays examination this morning.
A. aB. anC. theD. some
48. She can’t have written to me, or____the letter by now.
A. I’ll getB. I would getC. I’d have gotD. I’ll have got
49. This____boy is John’s nephew.
A. Japanese handsome littleB. little handsome Japanese
C. little Japanese handsomeD. handsome little Japanese
50. There are many kinds of metals,____ its special properties.
A. each havingB. every havingC. each hasD. one has
51. I should very much like to have gone to the party but I ___.
A. was not invitedB. am not invited
C. was not being invitedD. will not be invited
52. Would you attend my ____party?
A. Birthday’sB. BirthdayC. BirthdaysD. Birthdays’
53. My wife and I have ____ideas on how to raise children.
A. irregularB. resistantC. persistentD. diverse
54. After much____they decided to give him the position of manager.
A. communicationB. compositionC. decisionD. calculation
55. We are to____our house according to our financial capability.
A. furnishB. restoreC. provideD. establish
56. In between parts of a play, there is often a(an)____ .
A. interruptionB. intervalC. gapD. breach
57. It was only a small test; don’t take it____.
A. strictlyB. solelyC. seriouslyD. sternly
58. I can’t ____any difference between these two pictures.
A. decisiveB. perceiveC. deceiveD. precise
59. The police thought that piece of evidence was ____early in the investigation, but it turned out to be vital in convicting the man of murder.
A. insignificantB. importantC. unsuitableD. essential
60. With the development of modern science and technology, a manned trip to Mars should be____.
A. potentialB. attentive
C. feasibleD. substantial
61. Who is now attending ____ the infant?
A. toB. upC. withD. for
62. I can’ put up with his____any longer.
A. personalityB. character
C. featureD. temper
63. Hearing the news, they are ____joy and sorrow.
A. alternativelyB. alternately
C. jointlyD. mutually
64. She decorated the room ____ good taste.
A. inB. onC. atD. with
65. You can find Dr. Johnson in the operating ____.
A. houseB. spaceC. roomD. area www.59wj.com 如果觉得《英语专业四级考试全真模拟试卷九(1)》专四模拟试题,yyzszb不错，可以推荐给好友哦。