e.g.: a gathering of people from a variety of social strata
2. reconciliationn. the reestablishing of cordial relations or getting two things to correspond 和解，调和，一致
e.g.: the reconciliation of ideas, opinions, etc.
派生词汇 reconcile v. （使）和好 reconcilement n. 和好 reconciler n. 和解人
reconciliatory adj. 调和的
3. prorataadv.& adj. in proportion成比例
e.g.: If production costs go up. There will be a prorata increase in prices / process will increase prorata.
4. fiatn. formal authorization, order or decree 谕，命令，法令
e.g.: The opening of a market stall is governed by municipal fiat.
5. complementn. thing that goes well or suitable with sth else, or make it complete 相配合的事物；补充物；补足物
e.g.: Rice makes an excellent complement to a curry dish.
派生词汇 complementary adj. 补充的
6. ineligible①adj. not having the appropriate or necessary qualifications (for sth.)
e.g.: Any person under the age of 18is ineligible for benefit.
②n. one that is not eligible 不合格的人
e.g.: The ineligibles are those extremely poor people.
必背搭配 （be）ineligible for ; ineligible to do
派生词汇 ineligibility n. 不合格 ineligibleness n.不合格 ineligibly adv. 不合格地
7. curatorn. a person in charge of a museum, an art gallery, etc. 博物馆，美术馆等（的）馆长
e.g.: He had worked as a curator.
8. immunityn. ability to resist infection, disease, etc. 免疫力
e.g.: This vaccine will give you immunity for two years.
派生词汇 immune adj. （常与against, from, to连用）免疫的；免受（伤害）的；（常与from, to连用）被豁免的 n. 免疫者 immunize vt. 使有免疫力，使免除；immunization n. 免疫作用
9. unmaskvt. Remove a mask from sb. 除去某人的面具
e.g.: The revelers unmasked at midnight.
10. homosexual①adj. sexually attracted only to people of the same sex as oneself同性恋的
e.g.: He has the homosexual tendencies.
②n. a homosexual person; a gay man or a lesbian 同性恋者
e.g.: He is a homosexual.
派生词汇 homosexuality n. 同性恋爱
11. seatbeltn. a safety belt used in a car or plane to hold you in your seat in case of an accident 飞机、汽车等的安全带
e.g.: Fasten your seatbelt!
12. shoulder-strapn. narrow strip of material that goes over the shoulder to support a bra, nightdress, etc. 保护肩膀的肩带
e.g.: The dress’s shoulder-strap was broken.
13. enhancevt. Increase(the good qualities of sb / sth), make (sb / sth)look better增强某人的优点，使某人看起来更好
e.g.: Those clothes do nothing to enhance her appearance.
派生词汇 enhancement n. 增加，提高
14. overpowervt. Be too strong or powerful for sb by greater strength or numbers 强得使某人承受不住，以力量或数量战胜某人
e.g.: The police easily overpowered the burglars.
派生词汇 Overpowering adj. 不可抗拒的；压倒（优势）的；极强大的
15. ergonomicsn. study of work and working conditions in order to improve people’s efficiency 工效学，工作环境改造学（与单词动词连用）
e.g.: He is an expert at ergonomics.
派生词汇 ergonomist n. 工作环境改造学家，生物工艺学家 ergonomic (ergonomical) adj. 人机工程学的，人与机械控制的
He was __1__to vote, because he didn’t belong to the club.
The criminal wad told he would be __2__from punishment if he helped the police.
__3__ activities are lawful in many countries.
She had sweetness to her face, a warmth that was __4__ by luminous dark eyes.
__5__ is the applied science of equipment design, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort.
The works protect against the privileged__6__.
A __7__ has been made between the two countries after the war.
The loss was shared __8__.如果觉得《专业八级模拟试题（二）》专八模拟试题,yyzszb不错，可以推荐给好友哦。