A. New Zealand B. Australia C. Canada D. America
2. _____is popularly known in the West as the Land Down Under.
A. Britain B. Canada C. Australia D. New Zealand
33. Shakespeare wrote all the following works EXCEPT _____
A. Hamlet B. King Lear C. Othello D. Wuthering Heights
4. Mark Twain is most famous for _____.
A. poems B. Novels C. Dramas D. science fiction
5. ____was NOT written by Charles Dickens.
A. David Copperfield B. Oliver Twist、C. Sons and Lovers D. A Tale of Two Cities
36. British prime minister normally serves a ____term.
A. two-year B. five-year C. four-year D. six-year
7. _____ is sometimes called the birthplace of America.
A. New England B. the South C. the West D. the Midwest
38. Semantics is the study of ____.
A. linguistic competence B. language functions C. meanings D. social behavior
9. Which of the following is not generally believed to be area of linguistics?
A. syntax B. semantics C. phonology D. etiology
10. TG grammar was advanced by_____
A. Searle B. Whorf C. Halliday D. Noam Chomsk
1~5： A C D B C
6~10：B A C D D