1) 解题时经常会遇到这类问题：原句结构或动词短语等被某些句子成分分隔，或出于语法上的需要而使其从原结构中分离出来，从而增强了试题中选项的干扰性，加大了试题的难度。碰到此类问题时，不能被表面的现象所迷惑，必须从句子的整体结构去理解，看清题目的本来面目。下面我们 就将常见的几种分隔现象例析如下：
例如：If better use is ___ your spare time , you’ll make greater progress in that
A. spent B. taken C. made of D. used for
此题答案为C 源于短语make better use of …
再如：More attention should be paid ___good habits of reading carefully.
A. for forming B to form C to forming D in forming
答案C pay attention to ….
例如：You can never imagine what great trouble I have had ___ the patient who received a serious wound.
A treat B to treat C treating D treated
答案是C 此题通过定语从句把“ have (what great )trouble (in) doing sthg”结构分离开，what great trouble 作为定语从句的先行词，后面省略了在从句中作宾语的关系代词that \ which
That’s the best way we should think of ___ the dying soldier.
A helping B support C operating D to save
此题可能很多学生会错选A，其关键就是没有搞清句子的结构和命题者的意图。此题旨在考查think of the best way to save…通过定语从句将the best way 从原结构中分离出来，从而加大了题目的难度，正确答案应该是D
I haven’t heard from him for a long time.
What do you suppose ____ to him?
A was happening B to happen C has happened D had happened
这种问句，一般问句部分常见的动词有think, believe, suppose, guess, say, hope, imagine等。此题问句中的what 移至句首，并且该句强调的是过去的动作对现在造成的影响，因此用现在完成时，所以选C
who did the teacher have ___ an article for the newspaper just now?
A written B writing C write D to write
选C have sb do sth
whom would you rather ___ the picture of you ?
A have taken B have taking C have take D to have taken
Would rather do sth
Have sb do sth
本句中将have 的宾语whom 提到了句首
everybody in our country, men and women, old and young, ___sports and games.
A enjoy B were enjoying C enjoys D are enjoying
Miss Green, as well as Mr and Mrs Green ___ devoted ___spare time to the research work..
当主语后面有as well as, with, together with, but, including, besides 等连接的代词或名词时，谓语动词须和她前面的名词和代词保持人称和数上的一致
例如：there are over 1,000 students in the playground of our school, 55%__are girls .
A of them B of which C of whom D_in them
he’s one of the students who , I’m sure , always do __best.
A his B their C my D one’s
he has made another discovery, ___ of great importance to science.
A which I think it is B which I think is C I think which is D of which I think is
当定语从句子在逻辑上又作宾语从句时，习惯上把关系代词置于主句(I THINK )之前。此题中定从WHICH IS OF GTREAT IMPORTANCE TO SCIENCE 在逻辑上作I THINK 的宾语，因此须将which 放在 I think 之前。
另外，我们也可以把I think 作为插入语，放在关系代词和谓语之间。
1.The English teacher often said in class, “let’s ___ in English. ”
A talk B say C speak D tell
我们通常说speak English , 但是前面有in ,所以我们要说talk in English
2.____come, please tell him to wait for me at the gate.
A he should B should he C if he D if he would have
答案是B为虚拟条件句，省略if 倒装，if he should come
D 选项时态对应不对， 而最容易错选的C项 人称和数对应不对，如果换成comes ,就成条件句了，也是正确的
3. It’s ___ work of art that everyone wants to have a look at it.
A so unusual B such unusual C such an unusual D so an unusual
work of art 是艺术品的意思，是可数的，误认为 work 是 工作的意思当成不可数名词，而错选B
4. I heard Bob ___ from his journey to Africa ; what about visiting him tonight?
A had come back B coming back C come back D is back
此题出错的关键是对题意理解不清。Hear sb do\ doing 是听见某人做某事的意思，本题是说我听说他从非洲回来，所以答案为D
5. ---would you lend me a hand?
A it doesn’t matter B it’s my pleasure C go ahead, please D with pleasure
6. I’m so tired, working all morning on the farm.
Why not take a rest, then?
A because I can’t afford it B maybe I should C I don’t know D sorry, I can’t tell you
正确答案是B , 不要见到why 就想到用because 回答
5.Books are the most important records we keep ___man’s thoughts, ideas and feelings.
A up B out C of D on
Keep up , keep out keep on 均为短语，但是题目涉及到的短语是keep records of ,记录，只是位置有所变化
8。time must be made full use of ___ the project ahead of time .
A completing B to complete C completed D being completed
误选A 认为of 后面跟动名词，其实of 的宾语是 time ，是搭配make full use of time , time放到了句首，不定式为目的状语
9. It was about 6 years ago ___ I started to learn English .
A since B when C until D that
误选A 看成it is …..since 句型， 此句型中 since 之前是一段时间。而本句6 years ago 为时间点，故A 不对，此句是强调句型
10.The head master suggested me ___to see a doctor at once.
A go B to go C going D went
误选A suggest 之后接宾从省略 should ,但是题目本身不是宾从结构，须将me 改为I , 这个句子考察的是 动名词的复合结构
11.What do you imagine ___ to her?
A was happened B has happened C happening D has been happened
措选c 认为imagine 后跟doing , do you imagine 为插入语，句子中缺少的是谓语动词。
12.She can’t help ___ the house because she’s cooking the meal.
A to clean B cleaning C being cleaned D to be cleaned
不要误以为是can’t help doing 结构
13. Is this factory ___ you once carried out the scientific research together with the workers?
A which B the one C where D that
误选B 理解成定语从句，the one 为先行词， 添了the one 那么后面的定语从句缺少关系词where
14.----what do you think made Mary so upset?
A as she lost her bicycle B lost C losing D because of losing
答案C 误选D 理解为因为丢了自行车他很不安。答语为原因状语。我们对照题干要对what 做出回答，在句子中作主语，应该用动名词，所以答案是C
15. no one will be sure ____ in a million years.
A what will man look like B what man will look like C man will look like what D what look will man like
16. he asked ___ for the violin.
A did I pay how much B I paid how much C how much did I pay D how much I paid
17. _____, mother will wait for him to have dinner together.
A however late is he B however he is late C however is he late D however late he is
首先我们排除了A和C 选项，在结合however 的用法，不难得出答案是D
18. the new secretary is supposed to report to the manager as soon as she ___
A will arrive B arrives C is arriving D is going to arrive
19. the football match will be put off if it ___
A will rain B rains C rained D is raining
20. --- can I join the club,dad?
---you can when you ___ a bit older.
A get B will get C are getting D will have got
you may leave the classroom when you have finished writing.
21. I must apologize for ___ ahead of time.
----that’s all right.
A letting you not know B not letting you know C letting you know not D letting not you know
22. the patient was warned ___ oily food after the operation.
A to eat not B eating not C not to eat D not eating
这种题目也比较多，现仅以not until 为例
23. not until I began to work ___ how much time I had wasted.
A didn’t I realize B did I realize C I didn’t realize D I realized
24. not until all the fish died in the river ____ how serious the pollution was.
A did the villagers realize B the villagers realized C the villagers did realize
D didn’t the villagers realize
25. she heard a terrible noise, ___ brought her heart into her mouth.
A it B which C this D that
26. she received an invitation from her boss, __ came as a surprise.
A it B that C which D he
27. though he had often made his little sister ___ ,today he was made ___ by his little sister.
A cry, to cry B crying , crying C cry, cry D to cry, cry
28. she was made ___ the dishes for a week as a punishment.
A to wash B washing C wash D to be washing
1. ___ anything about the accident, he went to work as usual.
A Don’t know B not to know C not knowing D not to be knowing
2. the next morning she found the man __in bed, dead.
A lying B lie C lay D laying
3. he had his leg __in the match yesterday.
A to break B broken C break D breaking
4. most of the people __ to the party were famous scientists.
A invited B to invite C being invited D inviting
5. do you know the boy ___under the tree?
A lay B lain C laying D lying
6. ---good morning. Can I help you ?
-----I ‘d like to have this package ___
A be weighed B to be weighed C to weigh D weighed
7. most of the artists ___to the party were from that university.
A invited B to invite C being invited D had been invited
8._____more attention, the trees could have grown better.
A given B to give C giving D having given
9. the murderer was brought in, with his hand ___behind his back..
A being tied B having tied C to be tied D tied
10. the secretary worked late into the night ,___a long speech for the president.
A to prepare B preparing C prepared D was preparing
11. she’s upstairs ____ a letter.
A writes B is writing C write D writing
12. it was so cold that they kept the fire ___all night.
A to burn B burn C burning D burned
13.the speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself ___
A hear B to hear C hearing D heard
14. _______ a reply, he decided to write again.
A not receiving B receiving not C not having received D having not received
15.the salesman scolded the girl caught ___ and let her off.
A to have stolen B to be stealing C to steal D stealing
16. “can’t you read ?” she said ____to the notice.
A angrily pointing B and point angrily C angrily pointed D and angrily pointing
17.the missing boys were seen ____near the river.
A playing B to be playing C play D to play
18.the first textbook ___for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th century.
A having written B to be written C being written D written
19.the Olympic games , ___ in 776BC, did not include women players until 1912.
A first playing B to be first playing C first played D to be first playing
20.cleaning women in big cities usually get __ by the hour.
A pay B paying C paid D to pay
21.European football is played in 80 countries, ___it the most popular sport in the world.
A making B makes C made D to make
22. the man managed to make himself ___with his ___English .
A understand, breaking B understand, broken C understand, breaking D understood, broken
23.___from the moon, our earth with water ____70%of its surface appears as a “blue ball ”
A seen, covered B seeing, covered C seen, covering D to see, to cover
24.___any more to say, the meeting was closed.
A without having B without C not having D nobody having
25. when we watched the national flag ___ on TV, we ___ a cheer.
A risen, rose B being risen, lifted C raised, let D being raised, raised
26.being in a hurry, _______
A the door was left open B he left the door open C he was left the door open D he had the door open
27. the professor came into the lab, ___by his assistant.
A following B followed C being followed D to follow
28. with trees, flowers and grass ____everywhere, my native town has taken on a new look.
A planting B planted C to plant D to be planted
29.weather ___, we’ll go fishing tomorrow.
A is permitted B permits C permitted D permitting
30. the key ___ , I couldn’t enter the office.
A was lost B having been lost C be lost D being lost
31. ___not enough money, I couldn’t buy the dictionary.
A it being B it was C there being D there was
32.____, the boy couldn’t enter his house.
A since the key has lost B the key was lost C lost the key D having lost the key
33. all the people, the wounded ___,were brought to safety.
A included B including C include D to include
34. on my way home , I saw a thief ___ money from a lady by the police.
A being caught stealing B having caught stealing C caught stealing D have caught to steal
35. ____ , she couldn’t say even a word.
A excited B being excited C exciting D being excite
36. when ____her father, the girl burst into crying.
A asking of B asked about C being asked D asked
37. he stepped into his room, only _____ lots of things ____
A finding, robbed B finding, stolen C found , missed D to find , robbed
38. the youngest daughter got angry again. Mother felt very ___ and father’s face wore a ___ expression.
A puzzled, puzzled B puzzling, puzzled C puzzling, puzzling D puzzled, puzzling
39. they seemed to be eating something ____ on the fire.
A cooked B being cooked C that had cooked D having been cooked
40. his glasses ___ , he couldn’t see the words on the blackboard.
A break B broke C breaking D broken
41. a letter has been written to him, ____ him to the party.
A invite B to invite C invited D inviting
42. not _____ it right , he was encouraged to try again.
A did B done C to do D having done
43. ___ your head , and you’ll see the sun ____ now.
A raise , rising B raising , raising C to raise , rising D lift, being risen