I. Give the English equivalents to the following abbreviations.（10%）
II. Put the following phrases into English.(10%)
III. Fill in the blanks with the words or phrases from the box. (15%)
at, beyond, in, from, for, to, with, up
11. B. Altman & Co. is also well known _______ reliability in maintaining regular stock of high quality merchandise.
12. May Lee Industries, Inc. is formed to engage _______ trade with Asian countries.
13. We were assured that every effort would be made to improve the quality of the merchandise _______that point.
14. We have _______thanks received your letter dated 18th July, five pieces of cow split leather and 2 pieces of work glove samples.
15. It is established _______controversy that the shipping company is responsible for the damage to the goods.
16. Pursuant _______your request, we are airmailing you two copies of our latest pricelist covering various minerals.
association, at the contracted rate, exclusively, In view of, competitive, in the
form of, efficiency, In so far as, dispute, subject to, popularize, regardless of
17. We have offered to accept payment for this machinery _______buy-back of glass.
18. Our purpose of this venture is to provide Silk branch with a factory which will be world _______in its efficiency and output capability.
19. _______the above, we request you to urge your corporation to ship the goods on direct vessels.
20. I benefited much from having _______with him.
21. A more attractive packing will _______your products.
22. We should not let this minor _______stand in the way of business.
23. The production of goods under Contract No.SPN1086 has been arranged _______.
24. _______I can see, they all are satisfied with the arrangement.
25.Our Service Engineering Department assures proper installation, operation and maintenance of the equipment,_______ location.
IV. Reading Comprehension(20%)
A. Read the passage and answer the questions.
There has been substantial disintermediation of wholesalers and retailers owing to electronic commerce. Virtually all products are now available without going to a shop. The customer can access pictures of any product on the Internet, read the specification, shop among online vendors for the best prices and terms, and click order and payment over the Internet.
Expensive printed catalogues have disappeared. Business-to-business purchasing over the Internet has increased even faster than online customer buying. Business purchasing agents shop for routine items on the Internet, either advertising their needs and waiting for bidders or simply surfing in their “bookmarked” web sites.
26. This passage is mainly about( )
A. wholesalers B. retailers
C. commerce D. purchasing over the Internet
27. When buying things on the Internet, one CANNOT( )
A. read the specification
B. shop among online vendors for the best prices and terms
C. ask shop assistants for help
D. click order over the Internet
28. How do online customers pay for the goods they buy on the Internet?( )
A. They should pay in a bank.
B. They should go to the shop to pay for the goods.
C. They may ask an agent to do the payment.
D. They just click payment over the Internet.
29. Which of the following is TRUE?( )
A. You may find expensive printed catalogues in electronic commerce.
B. Business-to-business purchasing does not develop faster than online customer buying.
C. Online customer buying does not develop faster than business-to-business purchasing.
D. Business purchasing agents neither advertise their needs and wait for bidders nor simply surf in their “bookmarked” web sites.
30. Which of the following will NOT business purchasing agents do according to the passage?( )
A. They will go to shop for routine items.
B. They will purchase goods on the Internet.
C. They will advertise their needs and wait for bidders on the Internet.
D. They will simply surf in their “bookmarked” web sites.
B. Read this passage and decide whether these statements are true (T) or false (F).
A multinational corporation is one that operates in the home country and in at least one other country, and that has a management philosophy that is worldwide. The managers of a multinational firm make decisions that not only reflect their domestic situation but are concerned with the international implications also. Today there are many corporations that merit the term “multinational”. A large number of these are American based.
The growth of the multinational corporation in the post World War II era was inevitable. As new market areas opened up, giant corporations that had the financial ability and managerial expertise took advantage of the opportunities. The profits from these markets helped the companies grow. The result has been a snowballing, with the big getting bigger and bigger.
31. A multinational corporation is a company that operates mainly in another country.( )
32. The decisions made by the managers of a multinational corporation show the situation in its own country as well as in the world. ( )
33. The majority of the multinational firms have their bases in America according to this passage. ( )
34. After the World War II, the growth of the multinational firms is not unavoidable. ( )
35. The profit from those market areas opened up helped the growth of the multinational companies. ( )
V. Translate the following sentences into Chinese .(10%)
36. Shippers are requested to note particularly the exceptions and conditions of this Bill of Lading with reference to the validity of the insurance upon their goods.
37. If at any time the total value of goods sold exceeds the amount of U.S. Dollars 150 000, Party A shall remit the total sum in U.S. Dollars to Party B within one month’s period of time.
38. The weight, measure, marks, numbers, quality, contents and value, being particulars furnished by the Shipper, are not checked by the Carrier on loading.
39. The stipulation for a credit is a condition which is an essential term of the contract.
40. During the discussion Mr. Ahmad Din Chawla brought to the knowledge of Mr. Yang that “555” Brand Battery Cells is registered Trade Mark in our name in Pakistan since 1964.
VI. Translate the following sentences into English.(15%)
1） 事由：有关“牡丹”牌卫生纸（卷状）（“Peony” Brand Toilet Paper Rolls）