1. We are now ____ your inquiry of January 5th.
A. in receipt of B. on receipt of
C. upon receipt of D. in reception of
2. We would appreciate it if you could send us your detailed information of all the items you ____ for export.
A. deal B. have C. store D. stock
3. Mr. Turner told us yesterday that our price was ____ and asked us to get ready for the supplies.
A. managerial B. unfortunate
C. acceptable D. impossible
4. We regret to say that we can not make any offer as the goods are ____.
A.out of stock B. without stock
C. no stock D. not in stock
5. Please ____ to effect your delivery as soon as possible.
A. make the best B. do the best
C. do your best D. make your best
6. Mr. Zhang helps us to ____ our products in that country.
A. display B. buy C. market D. dispose
7. We are sure that the high quality of our goods will ____ him to place a large order.
A. attract B. appeal C. seduce D. induce
8. We are writing to tell you that we will issue a purchase order document that will ____ the telephone order.
A. conform B. consolidate
C. confirm D. ensure
9. We request you to ____ your price because we think it too high.
A. get down B. bring down
C. take down D. put down
10. We are pleased to tell you that the price we quoted are our ____ price.
A. easiest B. new C. cheap D. rock bottom
11. We would appreciate ____ us a best price for the goods we enquired.
A. if you would quote B. you quote
C. that you would quote D. your quoting
12. Thank you for allowing us ____ 40 days to clear our account.
A. a farther B. an extra C. another D. additional
13. Please ____ by telex the shipment date of your L/C to December 3rd, 2005, thus enabling us to effect shipment of the goods in question.
A. prolong B. lengthen C. expand D. extend
14. We suggest that you contact the Bank of Hong Kong for any information concerning our credit____.
A. standing B. stand
C. understanding D. understand
15. Please amend the L/C to read “This L/C ____ on June 20, 2006. in China”
A. due to time B. valid C. expires D. due
16. As the ____of the goods was not strong enough to withstand the rough sea voyage, shipment was withheld at the last minute in order to give time for ____ improvement.
A. pack……packed B. package……packing
C. package……packaging D. packing……packaging
17. Because the voyage is in warm weather and the goods are liable to go mouldy, we think it advisable to have the shipment____the risk of mould.
A. covered insurance B. taken out insured
C. covered against D. insured for
18. Unfortunately, we found that 200 dozen of socks ____ are damaged when they reached us.
A. offer B. demanding C. supplied D. requirement
19. After checking the goods received, we are disappointed ____the quality.
A. to B. ofC. about D. with
20. We regret to point out that this damage results____insecure packing.
A. in B. from C. to D. with
21. The stipulations of the L/C must be ____conformity ____ those of the L/C.
22. We shall be pleased if you will arrange to insure the goods ____our behalf____invoice value plus 10%.
23. If you are not certain who should be responsible for the loss, you might file a claim____ the insurance agent there.
24. We are afraid that we shall have to charge more for the designated packing, as it calls ____ extra labor and cost.
25. Regarding payment, we prefer D/P at sight ____L/C at 90 days’ sight.
26. We enclose a cheque____ partial payment for the goods shipped____consignment.
27. Please keep us advised____the response to our products in your market.
28. The supplier of low-cost personal computers today unveiled new models starting____$799, undercutting major PC makers____about 20 percent.
29. They have expressed their interest in your products and inquired____the quality.
30. If your price is reasonable, we will place a large order____you.
31. I have looked into your project, and I can assure you that everything is ____schedule.
32. CIF is a price term, meaning the price includes the cost of goods, the insurance and freight____carrying the goods ____ _______ the destination.
33. 20 of 50 cartons were heavily dented and the contents had broken____pieces, leading____heavy losses.
34. We have warned ____the beginning that the type of clothing you selected can not withstand exposure____sunlight.
35. We would like to inform you that any further delay____shipment will bring____adverse effect____our future cooperation..
36. We would like you to send us details of your various ranges, including sizes, colors and prices, and also samples of the different qualities of material used.
37. We will put the transaction on a document against acceptance basis with payment 30 days after sight.
38. Please confirm delivery when you receive the consignment.
39. According to our usual practice we prefer our export shipment to be insured by the People’s Insurance Company of China.
40. Please note that payment is to be made by confirmed, irrevocable L/C allowing partial shipment and transshipment, available by draft at sight.
41. We now await your shipping instructions, and immediately we receive them we shall send you our shipping advice.
42. We should claim $3,500 from you for the loss caused by the late delivery.
43. We have made arrangements with the Bank of China to open a credit in your favor.
44. This offer must be withdrawn if not accepted within seven days.
45. As your counter bid is not up to the present market level, we are sorry that we have to give you a negative reply.