1. We shall appreciate ______ for us reliable information respecting the above company. ( )
A. you to obtain B. your obtaining
C. you obtained D. it to obtain
2. Please quote us competitive prices for models ______ for export. ( )
A. be able to B. able
C. payable D. available
3. Usually the shipper should ______ delivery of the goods and the consignee will ______ delivery at the destination. ( )
A. make, take B. take, make
C. effect, do D. do, effect
4. Business is impossible as your price is ______ the prevailing market level. ( )
A. out of line with B. out of line
C. in line with D. in line of
5. You may refer to our bank, Bank of China, for our financial ( )
A. understanding B. outstanding
C. upstanding D. standing
6. Our draft should be duly ______ at presentation and paid at maturity. ( )
A. drawn B. draw
C. honored D. honor
7. S.S “Zhijiang” will arrive at London at the end of this month. Here “S.S” is the abbreviation of ( )
A. shipping space B. seller’s ship
C. steam ship D. sailing ship
8. For CFR transactions, the buyer will effect insurance upon receipt of the shipping ______ from the seller. ( )
A. advice B. instruction
C. guide D. notice
9. As ______, we agree to ship our bicycles during October. ( )
A. desire B. desiring
C. desired D. to desire
10. ______ commission, 3% is the maximum we can allow. ( )
A. In regards to B. As regards
C. With regards D. In this regard
11. Our claim on the shortage of weight ______ to 1320lbs. ( )
A. accounts B. counts
C. amounts D. sums
12. Under the ______, we have no choice but to decline your order. ( )
A. condition B. conditions
C. circumstance D. circumstances
13. A vessel’s operator will pay ______ to a charter if loading is completed in less time than stipulated in the charter party. ( )
A. demurrage B. dispatch money
C. storage charge D. rent
14. You are recommended to us ______ a large buyer of Textiles by one of our clients.( )
A. as B. of
C. for D. with
15. Our new pricelist will ______ from the beginning of next month. ( )
A. affect B. take effect
C. come into D. make out
16. Extra premium is for the buy’s account, ______ additional risks be covered. ( )
A. if B. when
C. should D. could
17. We are not able to accept fresh orders because of heavy ( )
A. commissions B. commitments
C. communications D. communities
18. The cartons might be ______ damage after long periods in the heavy rain.( )
A. subject B. subjected
C. subject to D. subjected to
19. In order to ______ the growing demand for our products, we decide to have an agent abroad.( )
A. benefit B. advantage
C. make benefit of D. take advantage of
20. We are looking ______ the matter and will send you a full reply later. ( )
A. on B. in
C. into D. for
21. We write to you ______ the hope of entering ______ trade relations with you.
22. The articles you require fall ______ the scope ______our business activities.
23. We are in receipt of your letter of credit ______ which we thank you.
24. Our invoice No.EN123 ______ duplicate will be sent to you ______ due time.
25. We will arrange to effect shipment ______ two equal lots ______ direct steamer as soon as we receive your L/C.
26. The equipment will be paid ______ three installments.
27. The buyers shall open through a reputable bank an irrevocable L/C ______ sight ______ our favor.
28. Our 20 tons walnuts have been consigned to you ______ rail yesterday.
29. Please mark the cartons ______ our initials and the Contract number ______ follows.
30. We assure you ______ our full attention ______ executing your order.
31. Quotations and samples will be airmailed ______ receipt of your specific enquiry.
32. Our clients emphasized that the quality is ______ outmost importance.
33. We usually cover FPA insurance here ______ the absence ______ definite instructions from the buyers.
34. We shall provide such coverage ______ your cost.
35. Much ______ our regret, we can not insure the shipment for 130% of the invoice value.
36. A factoring company is willing to take up our bills ______ an acceptable premium.
37. The buyer made a bid ______ RMB2,500 per metric ton for walnutmeat.
38. Wrongly delivering the goods is the fault of our person in charge of packing.
39. This class of goods is sold with a franchise of 3%.
40. The negotiable set of B/L made out to order must be endorsed by the shipper.
41. Your close cooperation in advancing shipment of 300 sets electric fans will be highly appreciated.
42. Please delete from the L/C the clause, “All bank commissions and charges are for beneficiary’s account”.
43. We very much regret that we are unable to satisfy your special requirements for the item of packing in our quotation sheet dated 30th.
44. To bridge the price gap existing between us, we suggest that we should meet each other halfway.
45. We must stress that this offer is firm only for three days because of the heavy demand for the limited supplies of our products in stock.
46. The survey report issued by The China Commodity Inspection Bureau will be taken as final evidence and binding upon both parties.
47. Your comments on packing will be passed on to our manufacturers for their reference.