Part One: Questions 1-20
Directions: There are 20 sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence. （在下列各题中选择一个最佳答案填空。）20%
1.As there is, in our factory, a heavy demand ____________ talents, we would suggest that you mail us your resume for our consideration.
A. of B. for
C. at D. with
2.____________ in the export of Chinese Cotton Piece Goods, we express our desire to trade with you in this line.
A. Specializing B. Specialized
C. To be specialized D. Being specialize
3.I am keenly ____________ a position in your corporation.
A. desirous to getting B. desiring getting
C. desiring of getting D. desirous of getting
4.Your offer is not acceptable because we have another supplier ____________similar quality products at a much lower price.
A. offers B. to offer
C. offering D. offered
5.A large quantity of our chairs are being exported to Europe ____________than that quoted in our fax of Jan. 20.
A. for a higher price B. at higher price
C. for a price higher D. at a price higher
6.We know that your university enjoys____________in the world.
A. popularly B. great popularity
C. great popularness D. most popularly
7.An offer is a promise to supply goods on the terms and conditions ____________.
A. state B. to state
C. stating D. stated
8.Oral agreements made in person or by phone must be confirmed in writing to avoid ____________.
A. misunderstandings B. to be misunderstood
C. misunderstand D. being misunderstanding
9.The main reason we should learn letter-writing is ____________ by studying the rules and practicing the skills of letter-writing, we can learn to write proper letters.
A. why B. that
C. what D.∕
10.The written word stands as a permanent record of precisely ____________ was communicated on a specific date.
A. that B. which
C. what D. as
11.We appreciate ____________to explore the market for our products.
A. your efforts B. you make efforts
C. of your efforts D. you to make efforts
12.____________you be prepared to reduce your price, we might come to terms.
A. If B. Should
C. Unless D. Provided
13.To accept the prices you quoted ____________ us little profit on our sales.
A. means to leave B. mean leaving
C. means leaving D. mean to leave
14.Judging from our experience in marketing our garden products in Australia, ____________ that they will soon become quick-selling products in your market.
A. we are confident B. it is confident
C. it is sure D. we have confidence in
15.It is the buyers’ responsibilities to ask for the necessary documents such as the____________ and the insurance policies to satisfy certain regulations.
A. lading bills B. bills of ladings
C. bill of ladings D. bills of lading
16.Their law firm is in an ____________ near here.
A. eighteen-storey building B. eighteen storeys building
C. eighteen building of storey D. eighteen storeys of building
17. It is ____________ to see the settlement of the dispute in a peaceful way.
A. great satisfactory B. great a satisfaction
C. a great satisfaction D. great satisfactions
18. Completely satisfied with the achievements, ____________ to reward all of his employees.
A. the president decide B. it was decided
C. it decided D. the president decided
19. The prize will be awarded to____________wins the contest.
A. whomever B. whoever
C. whichever D. whatever
20. We have neither time ____________ the construction of such a dam.
A. have nor money for B. nor have money for
C. nor money for D. not have money for
Part Two: Questions 21-30
There is one mistake in each of the following questions. Detect and correct the mistakes. Write your corrections together with the mistakes on the answer sheet.（下列每句各有一 个错误，找出错误并改正。请将错误及改正写在答题纸上。） 20%
Example: Who’s taking care the dog while you’re away?
taking care→taking care of
21. Few of us is willing to admit we have prejudice.
22. The stockholders, reminded the annual meeting, mailed in their proxies.
23. We firmly believe that these goods can sell good in Spring.
24. He’ll be in a wheelchair for his rest life.
25. I asked my uncle’s advice before make my investment.
26. The new copy very much likes the original.
27. These employees who have been recently dismissed, seem angrily.
28. Neither Tuesday nor Wednesday are a suitable date for the meeting.
29. Having not completed the interview, Andrew did not feel relieved.
30. The foreign partner did not fulfill our order, or did it intend to.
Part Three: Questions 31-40
Write logical sentences with the words and phrases given. (用所给的词和词组写出符合逻辑的句子) 10%
31. this matter / we / appreciate / our attention / bringing / your / to
32. the lecturer / free traders / 500 / to / talked / a group of / enthusiastic
33. about / the division of labor / Adam Smith / and / the meaning of wealth / wrote about
34. are / even/ on us / the conditions / acceptable / imposed / less
35. training animals / more dangerous than / for instance / jobs / truck driving / there are
36. we / is / that / a good chance / it / such / miss / mustn’t
37. you / to share / do hope / will be able / to spare the time / we / with us / this happy occasion
38. to the exhibition / if / should be grateful / we / you / an invitation / could send us
39. this / in / with your company / to apply for / human resources management / a position / is
40. the Business Briefing / in / the Business section / will / at the end of / its usual place / appear
Part Four: Questions 41-50
Each of the following sentences contains one punctuation error. One punctuation in each is either missing or misused. Detect the error and write the missing punctuation or your correction together with the word before the punctuation on the answer sheet.（下面每句都有一个标点符号错误，该用标点处未用标点或标点符号用错。改正错误或补写标点，并将其与前面的一个单词一起填写在答题纸上。）10%
Example: A. What a nice present you gave me. me!
B. You think you are right don’t you? right,
41. Please lock the door when you leave the office
42. You are Jim’s daughter, aren’t you.
43. Knowing that you would need the goods now we immediately shipped them to you.
44. Mr. Scott selected Friday July 10, for the sales meeting.
45. It was Jane’s father not her mother, who visited her recently.
46. He was late because, the traffic on the road was heavy.
47. Mr. Adam paid his license fees before the due date, that is August 1.
48. The professor said, Every student must prepare a presentation before Friday.
49. Science wont stay put. It keeps cropping up all over the place.
50. You can’t count on him to help, he is such a busy man.
Memo Writing 15%
Write a memo in about 50 words.
51.You are a managing director. The board is planning to install some air-conditioners in the office building. Write a memo to the personnel manager,
•asking him to find out the employees’ opinions about this plan;
•getting him to find out which rooms need air-conditioners;
•asking him to give you a feedback before the next Board Meeting.
Letter Writing 25%
Write a letter in 130-150 words.