从A、 B、 C、 D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑．
1. -----Nancy is not coming tonight.
----- But she _____!
A. promises B. promised C. will promise D. had promised
2. We've made some achievements, but there is still a long way _____.
A. going B. to go C. gone D. to be gone
3. Dr. Bethune began to work the _____ he arrived at the front.
A. moment B. place C. way D. reason
4. ----- This pen isn't yours, is it?
A. Yes, it's not mine B. No, yours is bigger
C. No, it's my friend's D. Yes, mine's a red one
5. ----- Thanks for the_____ you did me to move away the stone.
----- That's all right.
A. favour B. good C. trouble D. kindness
6. She won't be afraid as _____ as you are here.
A. long B. well C. soon D. far
7. It isn't quite _____whether she will take the advice.
A. sure B. right C. certain D. exact
8. Shirley _____a book about China last year but I don't know whether she has finished it.
A. has written B. wrote C. had written D. was writing
9. _____the children to bed, she began to correct the students' exercises.
A. Sending B. Being sent C. sent D. Having sent
10. Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to _____.
A. be put up B. give in C. be turned on D. go out
11. Why do you want a new job_____ you've got such a good one already?
A. that B. where C. which D. when
12. He insisted that his brother ____ the window. It was clear that someone else broke
A. should not break B. should not have broken
C. hadn't broken D. would not break
13. ----- Can you come on Monday or Tuesday?
----- I'm afraid _____day is possible.
A. either B. neither C. some D. any
14. ----- Don't forget to come to my birthday party, Mr. Wang. ----- _____.
A. No, I don't B. Yes, I can't C. No, I won't D. Yes, I'm sure
15. Tom's father, as well as his mother, _____in New York for a few more days.
A. suggest him to stay B. suggested him that he should stay
C. suggest him staying D. suggests he stay
阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题 四个选项（A、 B、 C、 D中选出能填入相应空白处 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑．
Most people agree that fencing (击剑) is one sport in which a person must be at least 30 years old before he learns all he needs to know about the sport. (16 ) Clark Summers of the University of Detroit (17 ) that this doesn't always have to be (18 ).
Clark is a different kind of fencer in a lot of (19 ). He is American, while most fencers are from the (20 ) of Europe. He is black while most fencers in the past have been (21 ). And he is (22 ) 22 years old.
Many people (23) that Clark is the most promising fencer in this country today. Although he is young, he has been able to (24) the necessary skills. Already he has won a number of fencing contest (竟赛) (25) older fencers. He is almost (26) to become a member of the U. S. Olympic(奥林匹克 ) fencing team!
"There is no (27) danger in fencing, today, Clark says. "But I never (28) that fencing was not always a sport. In the old days, People fenced to(29)a quarrel. Each match was a matter of (30) If that (31) true in the matches I (32) in today, every touch against me would mean that I (33) wounded or killed. So I try to play (34) l were fencing for my life. I don't like, the idea of being (35) ! " 16. A. And B. But C. Then D. So
17. A. heard B. has thought C. has shown D. suggested
18. A. true B. wrong C. clear D. clever
19. A. sense B. sports C. ways D. times
20. A. countries B. east C. west D. schools
21. A. brave B. strong C. white D. young
22. A. at least B. not C. already D. only
23. A. expect B. think C. hope D. find
24. A. study B. know C. improve D. master
25. A. with B. over C. against D. instead of
26. A. ready B. able C. going D. certain
27. A. large B. such C. real D. little
28. A. think B. agree C. forget D. remember
29. A. make B. pick C. start D. settle
30. A. joy and sorrow B. life and death
C. success and failure D .brightness and darkness
31. A. should be B. came C. were D. is
32. A. play B. go C. work D. stay
33. A. would get B. were C. was D. had been
34. A. even if B. as C. if D. as if
35. A. a fencer B. a winner C. missed D. killed
A Stage plays, at first, seem a lot like films. Both use actors and dialogue and scenery. But if you try to make a film by setting up a camera in front of the stage, you will find it won’t work. A film made in this way will leave the audience cold. And even worse you’ll b3e wasting a powerful tool --- the camera.
A stage is actually a box. One side of the box has been removed so the audience can see what’s going on inside. The actors remain at a fixed audience. In the film, however, the camera can bring the audience up close and fix their attention on small but important things: a frightened look, a whisper, a trembling of hands.
The camera offers the film maker freedom allowing him to move easily across barriers(界限) of time and space. He can show his action in real cities and on real farms. He can also use the camera to change the scene dozens of times in one film. No expert of the stage can do this.
36. The main idea of the text is that ________ .
A. stage plays and films are two different kinds of art
B. it is always disappointing to turn play into films
C. films have certain advantages(长处) over stage plays
D. the camera has made film making easy and possible
37. What is wrong with making a film by setting up a camera before the stage ?
A. Fewer and fewer people will go to the theatre.
B. The audience cannot see what is going on on the stage.
C. The scene cannot be changed from time to time.
D. The powerful camera cannot be made good use of.
38. Which of the following can show that the camera is a powerful tool ?
A. It can move easily. B. It can make small things look larger.
C. It can show things in the future. D. It can give us a scene of realism.
39. In what way are plays different from film ?
A. Films often use real scenery while plays don’t.
B. Films can show the past while plays can’t.
C. Films change scenes while plays don’t.
D. Film audience can move while play audience can’t.
40. A suitable title for this text is _______.
A. Stage Plays and Film B. The Powerful Camera
C. Fewer Plays, More Films D. Less Waste, More Freedom
Cars!!! Holidays! Thousands of prizes ! Hurry !
FREE with every packet of SPLASH! Your personal lucky number!
Will be among the 500,000 Winners!
Use SPLASH for the SOFTEST …
DON’T DELAY … BUY A PACKET TODAY!
41. This is __________.
A. an introduction to some products B. An advertisement for selling goods
C. a direction of a kind of washing machine D. A notice about a football game
42. If you want to get prize, ________.
A. don’t delay joining us in playing B. You should buy 500,000 packets of splash
C. please buy a packet of splash D. Please drive a car as quickly as possible
43. Those who bought a packet of splash ________.
A. are sure to win a prize B. Are sure to be among the 500,000 winners
C. could get 500,000 D. Could get the personal lucky number
44. Splash is _________.
A. a certain kind of material used for washing in high quality
B. something like a machine used to wash clothes
C. the softest, quickest, and whitest car to drive
D. one of thousands of prizes for players to win
45. Which of the following diagrams (图解) shows the correct relation ?
●: prize ▲: personal lucky number ★: splash ■: cars
A. ■→▲→★→● B. ●→★→■→▲
C. ★→▲→●→■ D. ■→★→▲→●
Different Customs and Cultures
If an American is satisfied with you, he will put his thumb and forefinger into a circle. That means OK. But in Brazil, the very sign is considered to be rude. In Poland, a guest usually presents flowers to his hostess. The number must be an odd(奇数) one. Besides, the hostess isn’t expected to remove the cover of the bunch of flowers. And usually, red rose is a sign of love.
Usually we nod to express our agreement and shake our heads to show disapproval. To our heads to show disapproval. To our surprise these body movements mean the opposite in Bulgaria.(保加利亚)
The differences in customs and cultures in the world are really noticeable. We should learn more about them to avoid them to avoid embarrassment(窘迫). Then, would you please remember: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
46. In Poland, if a man gives some odd red roses to woman as a present, it means that he _____.
A. will invite her to a dinner party B. has not been in love with her
C. will invite her to a ball D. has fallen in love with her
47. If a Brazilian puts his thumb and index(食指) into a circle, it shows that he _____ you.
A. will be friends with B. is not satisfied with
C. is willing to help D. is satisfied with
48. In Poland, it is _____ for the hostess to remove the cover of the bunch of flower somebody presented to her.
A. impolite B. Polite C. expected D. unexpected
49. In Bulgaria, if a man nods, it means that he _______ with you.
A. will have a talk B. disagrees C. will shake hands D. agrees
50. The sentence “When in Rome, do as the Romans do” means that _______.
A. we should learn from the Romans B. we should work as the Romans do
C. we should obey its customs when we are entering a country. D. we have been Romans
The English author (writer), Richard Savage, was once living in London in great poverty. In order to earn (make) a little money he had written the story of his life, but not many copies of the book had been sold in the shop, and Savage was living from hand to mouth. As a result of his lack of food he became very ill, but after a time, because of the skill of the doctor who had looked after him, he got well again. After a week or two the doctor sent a bill to Savage for his visits, but poor savage hadn’t any money and couldn’t pay it. The doctor waited for another month and sent the bill again. But still no money came. After several weeks be sent it to him again asking for his money. In the end he came to Savage’s house and asked him for payment, saying to Savage, “You know you owe your life to me and I expected some gratitude (thankfulness) from you. ”
“I agree,” said Savage, “that I owe my life to you, and to prove to you that I am not ungrateful for your work I will give my life to you.” With these words he handed to him two copies entitle, THE LIFE OF RICHARD SAVES.
51.The best title for this text should be ______.
A. A Poor English Writer B. A Skilled Doctor
C. A Life for a Life D. The Life of Richard Savage
52. In the text the underlined sentence, Savage was living from hand to mouth, means _______.
A. Savage had clothes to wear and food to eat
B. Savage had no money to buy clothes and food
C. Savage was very poor and ill D. Savage was too poor to live on
53. According to the text we can imagine that _______.
A. the doctor was poor too B. the doctor was skilled and kind
C. the doctor was skilled but cruel D,. the doctor was glad to have got the two books
54. The writer wrote this story just to tell us ______ .
A. a funny story B. an unhappy story
C. a miserable story D. an ungrateful story
55. Which statement is not true ?
A. It was the doctor who cured Savage.
B. If it hadn’t been because of the doctor, Savage might have died.
C. The doctor sent bills to Savage for money.
D. The doctor himself come to see Savage again.
此题要求改正所给短文中 错误。对标有题号 每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√); 如有错误(每行只有一个错误), 则按下列情况改正:
多一个词: 把多余 词用斜线（\）划掉, 在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。
缺一个词: 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加 词。
错一个词: 在错 词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后 词。
注意: 原行没有错 不要改。
Once there lived a scholar. Although he was as 56. ___________
poor as a church mouse, he was afraid for losing 57. __________
face. One night the thief broke into his house, 58. __________
but could find nothing worth of stealing. The 59. __________
thief murmured, "What a bad luck! 60. __________
I've run into a rich man's house!" 61. __________
Heard this, the scholar quickly took a few coins 62. __________
from his pocket what he had managed to save , and then 63. __________
run after the thief. When he caught up with the thief, 64. __________
he whispered, "Just took away these coins. Please 65. __________
don't let anyone know about my poverty ... don't let me lose face !"
假定2000年３月８日，家住解放路标１８ 小王在去剧院买当晚演出票 路上丢
Keys: 1—10 BBACA ACDDD
11—20 DCBCD BCACA
21—30 CDBDC DCCDB
31—40 BADDD CDDAA
41—50 BCDAC DBABC
56. √. 57. for→of, be afraid of 为固定搭配. 58. the →a, 故事叙述过程中,第一次被提到 人或物前使用不定冠词. 59. 去掉of . worth 直接跟名词活动词 ing形式. 60. 去掉 a, luck 为不可数名词 61. rich 应为 poor. 由文意可知. 62 Heard-Hearing, hearing 与主语 the scholar 为逻辑主谓关系E, 用现在分词作状语. 63. 去掉what 或将 what 改为which /that, 用which/that 引导定语从句, 且在从句充当宾语 64. run→ ran, and 连接两个并列句,要求 与took 时态一致. 65. took → take 在直接引语 祈使句中谓语用动词原形.
On May 8th, 2000, when I was on the way to the theatre to buy a tichet for that evening. I lost my handbag. There is one ID card, some money a pair of shoes and so on in it. If you find it, please return me as soon as quickly. I will be very thankful.