1. He _____ me to give up the holidays in Spain next month.
A. had B. convinced C. agreed D. persuaded
解析： persuade 劝说,说服; persuade sb to do sth 劝说某人做某事。
2. The girl immediately shut the window to _____ the rain.
A. keep out B. keep down C. keep up D. keep back
解析： keep out 把…挡在外面; keep down 镇压; keep up 使…不倒下， 保持…不衰退; keep back 阻止，隐瞒。
3. Our school-run factory _____ various kinds of chemical devices last year.
A. turned into B. turned up
C. turned out D. turned off
解析： turn into 转变，变成; turn up 卷起，发现; turn off 关掉; turned out 生产，制造.
4. Mary and I _____ the new college life soon, but Tom didn’t.
A. see to B. used to C. adapted to D. stuck to
解析： see to 负责，注意，照料; used to 后面没有跟动词，所以不对。 adapt to 适应; stick to 坚持。
5. What he said was quite _____ , therefore, I would do everything to help him.
A. valuable B. principle C. reasonable D. superior
解析： valuable 值钱的，有价值的; principle 原则，原理，主义; reasonable 有道理的; superior 较高的，优越的。 本句话的意思是说：他说的话有道理，因此，我愿竭力帮助他。.